Connect with us

Politics

YouTube extends Trump’s suspension, blocks Rudy Giuliani from profiting off videos

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 01 07 at 2.59.49 PM

Former President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel will remain suspended indefinitely, Politico reports.

YouTube banned Trump from its platform Jan. 12 following the U.S. Capitol attack. Last week, YouTube extended the suspension for at least one week before the indefinite suspension was announced Tuesday.

“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will remain suspended,” YouTube spokesperson Ivy Choi said in a statement obtained by Politico. “Our teams are staying vigilant and closely monitoring for any new developments.”

YouTube has also restricted Trump adviser and lawyer Rudy Giuliani from earning money off his videos.

Last week, Giuliani was suspended from YouTube’s Partner Program for at least 30 days, prohibiting him from profiting off of ads that run on his videos.

YouTube accused Giuliani of violating its policies by repeatedly sharing election misinformation.

According to YouTube community guidelines, “spam, scams, or other manipulated media, coordinated influence operations, and any content that seeks to incite violence” are prohibited. Content “alleging widespread fraud or errors changed the outcome of a historical U.S. Presidential election” are also prohibited. However, they do allow “controversial views on the outcome or process of counting votes of a current election.”

“We welcome ongoing debate and discussion and will keep engaging with experts, researchers and organizations to ensure that our policies and products are meeting that goal,” YouTube said.

Giuliani can appeal the suspension with YouTube or reapply to the program after 30 days, the company said.

You may like

Continue Reading

Politics

Uvalde, TX Mayor Calls Beto O’Rourke a ‘Sick Son of a B****’ After he Heckled Gov. Abbott’s Presser

Published

on

beto orourke e1614864626781

The vile act of politicizing horrific tragedies such as the Uvalde, Texas elementary school massacre, has been in full force. Democrat Beto O’Rourke “was escorted out of Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s press conference Wednesday after he showed up and heckled the governor in the middle of an update on the elementary school massacre in Uvalde” reports The Blaze.

Beto is a former congressman from El Paso, Texas as well as a Democratic presidential nominee briefly for the 2020  elections. During his time, he campaigned hard on his support for a mandatory gun buyback scheme.

The Blaze reported on Beto’s behavior at Abbott’s press conference:

As Abbott was finishing his remarks to reporters, O’Rourke, the Democratic candidate for governor, stood up and began speaking about the need for gun control legislation.

“Excuse me,” Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said as O’Rourke ignored him and went on about how “the time has come to put a stop” to gun violence. O’Rourke did not have a microphone, and most of his comments were inaudible.

“Sit down!” shouted Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) as the Democrat kept speaking.

“You’re out of line and an embarrassment!” Patrick told O’Rourke, while others began raising their voices.

“You are doing nothing!” O’Rourke yelled at Abbott as police officers began to march him out of the room.

“You need to get his a** out of here, this isn’t the place to talk this over,” said Uvalde Mayor Don Mclaughlin, calling O’Rourke a “sick son of a b****.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC