UN Watchdog: UN To Condemn Israel 8 Times, Remains Silent On Venezuela, North Korea
The United Nations General Assembly is expected to adopt eight resolutions condemning the State of Israel Friday, according to a UN watchdog. Israel is the only country to face this treatment today. Other countries like Venezuela and North Korea will walk away with zero repercussions for their egregious abuses of human rights.
“The UN’s assault on Israel with a torrent of one-sided resolutions is surreal,” Hillel Neuer said in a statement, executive director of UN Watch, a Geneva-based non-governmental watchdog organization.
“Last month, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist group assaulted Israeli civilians with a barrage of 400 rockets — while the UN’s General Assembly and Human Rights Council stayed silent. The world body now adds insult to injury by adopting eight lopsided condemnations, whose only purpose is to demonize the Jewish state.”
Last month, the General Assembly’s Special Political and Decolonization Committee voted on the same eight resolutions against the Jewish State. Today’s vote serves as a formal ratification of the charges.
The body has voted against Israel 21 times this year. There were only six votes against other countries in 2019.
Here are the charges:
- “Assistance to Palestine refugees” [A/C.4/74/L.10]
- “Persons displaced as a result of the June 1967 and subsequent hostilities” [A/C.4/74/L.11]
- “Operations of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East” [A/C.4/74/L.12]
- “Palestine refugees’ properties and their revenues” [A/C.4/74/L.13]
- “Work of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories” [A/C.4/74/L.14]
- “Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and the occupied Syrian Golan” [A/C.4/74/L.15]
- “Israeli practices affecting the human rights of the Palestinian people in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including EastJerusalem” [A/C.4/74/L.16]
- “The occupied Syrian Golan” [A/C.4/74/L.17]