Connect with us

Uncategorized

Two ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ episodes pulled from Nickelodeon

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 04 01 at 8.07.12 AM

Two episodes from the children’s cartoon “Spongebob Squarepants” have been pulled by Nickelodeon.

Nickelodeon has pulled an episode of SpongeBob Squarepants “due to sensitivities surrounding the global, real-world pandemic,” Nickelodeon’s Executive Vice President of Communications David Bittler said. The episode, titled “Kwarantined Crab,” features a virus storyline, where a health inspector requires patrons to quarantine at the Krusty Krab after discovering a “clam flu” virus.

Nickelodeon confirmed that a second episode, “Mid-Life Crustacean,” has also been removed from the network and other streaming platforms. In the episode, SpongeBob, his friend Patrick and SpongeBob’s boss Mr. Krabs, break into a woman’s house and steal her underwear.

Bittler said the episode was pulled in 2018 “following a standards review in which we determined some story elements were not kid-appropriate.”

Newsmax host Sean Spicer reacted to the news on Thursday’s episode of “Spicer & Co.”

“I get this feeling that people are waking up in America now and going, ‘What can I cancel out? What can I complain about? What can I find a problem with?” Spicer said.

“I get it, there are things that are wrong and we need to right those, but it’s like now everybody is walking around on eggshells about something that was said 20-30 years ago.”

Recently, other children’s material has been reexamined for offensive content. Six Dr. Seuss books will no longer be published due to racial imagery and a “Captain Underpants” book has also been pulled for perpetuating “passive racism.”

Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy

You may like

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Darrell Brooks found guilty on 76 charges in Waukesha Christmas Parade murders

Published

on

GettyImages 1236732416

Six people died and at least another 61 people were injured when a red Ford Escape SUV driven by Darrell Brooks drove through a holiday parade on November 21, 2021. Almost a year later, after a long and intense dramatic legal battle, Brooks has been found guilty.

40 year old Brooks defended himself in court after killing his victims who ranged in age from 8 to 81. It took Waukesha County Circuit Judge Jennifer Dorow about 25 minutes to read the guilty verdicts on all 76 charges.

Brooks’ case garnered national media attention in part due to the liberal policies which allowed him to walk the streets and commit this crime. Brooks had been freed previously on a mere $1,000 bail from an earlier case in Milwaukee County. A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel analysis found that bail to be considerably lower than the average of similar open cases. He also had been assessed as a high risk for release. Nonetheless, he was released on the streets only to commit murder not long after.

City of Waukesha officials welcomed the trial’s end. “I am thankful that the jury found the defendant guilty on all counts,” said Mayor Shawn Reilly. “We can now re-focus on taking steps forward as a community and continue the healing process.”

“The victims’ families as well as our first responders continue to deal with the lasting effects of the horrors of that day,” said Police Chief Dan Thompson. ” We are grateful for the support that has come from all over the world, and we ask you to continue to keep all those involved in your prayers.”

A statement from the city read, in part, “As a community, we still have a long road ahead filled with difficult days. This will be especially true as we approach the one-year anniversary of the tragedy. However, as we have experienced the past year, we know that when we stand together, we remain Waukesha Strong.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC