Last week in a televised address Zelenskyy said he believed Russian forces “designated” him as their “Number 1 target.” It appears as though he was correct.
Reportedly a team of elite Chechen commandos sent into Ukraine to “hunt down and assassinate President Volodymyr Zelenskyy was ‘eliminated’ by security forces, a top Kyiv defense official told national media” as reported by Fox News.
A translation of Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council Oleksiy Danilov talking to Ukraine 24 TV channel indicates that defense forces countered two “death squads “sent after Zelenskyy Tuesday.
He said Ukrainian forces got intelligence about a planned attack on Zelenskyy and destroyed an elite Chechen unit. “The special operation that was to be carried out directly by the Kadyrovites to eliminate our president is fully known to us today, and I can say that we received information from representatives of the FSB, who today have no desire to take part in this bloody war,” he said.
Fox News reports:
Ramzan Kadyrov is the leader of the Chechen Republic, which is a semiautonomous part of Russia. He is an ally of Vladimir Putin, and his commandos are considered fierce, highly skilled fighters. The FSB is in reference to Russia’s Federal Security Service.
Fox News Digital reported Monday that Putin’s move to send Chechen fighters to join the invasion may have backfired as the Ukrainian military outperformed Russian expectations.
The Chechens are part of a Russian national guard unit and are well known for fighting insurgencies, using brutal tactics that even jolted Russia during its two brutal wars in the ’90s against them. The Chechens have been employed to hunt down terrorists in Syria and used by Russia to fight elsewhere, including in Georgia. They also fought the Ukrainians in Donbas when hostilities began there in 2014.
You may like
VIDEO: Russia Moving Missiles Towards Finland Border
Putin has said in recent years that Finland is considered friendly so long as they do not join NATO. Finland’s President Sauli Niinistö confirmed Sunday he has applied for NATO membership.
MetroUK tweeted chilling video and reported the following:
Russian deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, said: ‘They should have no illusions that we will simply put up with it,’ and insisted ‘the general level of military tension will rise’.
BREAKING: Russia moves nuclear missiles towards Finland border in backlash over Nato bid. https://t.co/fgzgXnwjqK
— Metro (@MetroUK) May 16, 2022
The video was reportedly taken on a road leading to Vyborg, around 24 miles from the Finnish border, showing the deployment of mobile Iskander missiles.
“Seven launchers are thought to be en route according to commentary on a dash cam video broadcast by Russian media.”
A person on the video can be heard saying: ‘As soon as the president of Finland said they were joining Nato, a whole division of Iskanders, seven of them is moving towards Vyborg.
‘Looks like a new military unit is about to be formed in Vyborg or the region.’
You may like
Politics6 days ago
BIZARRE: Biden gets heated over poor conditions for Americans…that HIS administration created
Podcast6 days ago
James O’Keefe Exposes ‘Constitutional Crisis’ at the FBI
Podcast2 days ago
Gordon Chang: China Deliberately Spread COVID, Murdered One Million Americans
Economy6 days ago
With gas prices at record highs, Biden CANCELS gas lease