Connect with us

Featured

Trump said he requested 10k National Guardsmen at the Capitol on Jan. 6

Published

on

steve hilton

Former President Donald Trump joined Fox News’ “The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton” Sunday night to discuss the miscommunication that may have led to the deadly Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol insurrection.

Trump told host Steve Hilton that he personally alerted the Department of Defense days before the rally that the crowd was going to be much larger than anticipated.

“I requested, I said, ‘look this rally is going to be bigger than anyone thinks, because everyone I’d see said, ‘oh we’re going to be at the rally, we’re going to be at the rally.” I think it was the largest crowd I’ve ever spoken before and I’ve spoken to very big crowds,” Trump said.

Moreover, Trump told the Defense Department to have 10,000 national guardsmen ready to deploy. From what Trump understood, that number was passed along to leaders at the Capitol and was rejected because Capitol leaders did not like the idea of 10,000 troops at the Capitol.

“I said, I think you should 10,000… I definitely gave the number of 10,000 national guardsmen. I think you should have 10,000 of the national guard ready. They took that number, from what I understand, and they gave it to the people at the Capitol – which is controlled by Pelosi – and I heard they rejected it because it didn’t look good.”

“So, you know, that was a big mistake,” Trump added.

Trump also told Hilton that he hated to watch what happened at the Capitol but said there’s a double standard between the Capitol riot and “all these other places burning with Antifa and the radical left.”

“I hate to see it, I think it’s terrible, I hate to see it. I will tell you, I think it’s very interesting, however, when you see Washington burning and when you see Seattle burning and Portland burning and all these other places burning with Antifa and the radical left, nothing seems to happen, nobody seems to be bothered by that, and I hate to see that difference but I hated to see that sight at the Capitol, I hate to see all of that. But it is a double standard.”

“I do hate to see that double standard,” Trump said. “I think it’s very unfair.”

Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy

You may like

Continue Reading

Featured

Biden frees Venezuelan President Maduro’s drug dealing relatives in prisoner swap

Published

on

Joe Biden

President Biden freed two of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro’s relatives Saturday in exchange for seven jailed Americans. The two nephews of Maduro’s wife Cilia Flores, had been convicted in the United States for drug dealing and sentenced to 18 years in prison, according to the BBC.

According to the report, the swap was in exchange for five American oil executives. Those Americans were “exchanged for two of Mr Maduro’s wife’s nephews, who were serving 18-year sentences in the US on drug charges,” the officials told the BBC. Maduro’s nephews were convicted under the Trump administration and the Venezuelan government claims that they were “unjustly” jailed in the United States.

In a statement from the White House Saturday, Biden said the American’s were  “wrongfully detained.”  He said the American’s  would soon be reunited with their relatives, according to reports.

“Today, we celebrate that seven families will be whole once more. To all the families who are still suffering and separated from their loved ones who are wrongfully detained – know that we remain dedicated to securing their release,” the Biden statement added.

Meanwhile, 13 Republican members of Congress sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, requesting more information on “the intelligence report” that alleges Maduro is emptying his prisons and allowing them to head to the United States in the caravans that crossing the porous border.

The letter states that the report warns Border Patrol agents to be on the look-out for “violent criminals from Venezuela among the migrant caravans heading towards the U.S.-Mexico border.”

“It has been widely reported that the Venezuelan regime, under the control of Nicolás Maduro Moros, is deliberately releasing violent prisoners early, including inmates convicted of ‘murder, rape, and extortion,’ and pushing them to join caravans heading to the United States,” the letter states.

You can follow Sara A. Carter on Twitter @SaraCarterDC.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC