On Monday evening, President Trump nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. But just who is Brett Kavanaugh?
Here are some things to know…
- For the past 12 years, he has served on the federal appeals court in the District of Columbia issuing approximately 300 opinions.
- He helped author the Starr Report which ultimately led to President Clinton’s impeachment in the 1990’s.
- His position on abortion rights is unclear, having no public statements on the Roe v. Wade supreme court decision.
- During the Bush Administration, Kavanaugh served as a lawyer and staff secretary.
- His mother had a major influence on his career path. She taught history at a public high school while pursuing her law degree. She became a prosecutor and ultimately a judge in the state of Maryland.
- He is an avid runner, finishing the Boston Marathon twice.
Read the full story at Fox News