Elections
Trump Jr.: ‘WTF’ Southwest Airlines passenger removed for pulling mask down to eat peanuts. Oh, he was also wearing ‘Black Voices For Trump’ hat
Flying has become absolutely insane. All you need to do is watch this video posted to Twitter and filmed by a passenger on a recent Southwest Airlines flight to understand what I’m saying. It appears to show another passenger with a ‘Black Voices For Trump‘ cap being asked to get off the aircraft for allegedly having his required COVID-19 face mask temporarily down.
Never mind that the man in the video was eating peanuts at the time his mask was down, or the fact that he was wearing a ‘Black Voices for Trump’ cap and a Trump face mask. The latter half of the information above appears to be the suspected reason for asking the man to leave the flight.
“WTF??? This is disgusting,” said Donald Trump Jr. “I’ve been on a thousand flights in the last few months and everyone lowers their masks to eat and drink. I did it on a southwest flight earlier this week,” Donald Trump Jr.
It’s like extortion on a flight. I actually hate flying now because anything you do or say can get you kicked off a flight. No one complains anymore because of that very reason. Apparently, we don’t even need to speak to get kicked off – just eat some peanuts and wear a Trump hat.
The person filming the incident before the flight had taken off asked the flight attendant repeatedly what the airline regulations were for eating on a flight. She specifically asked if there was a rule against pulling the mask down to eat. The flight attendant didn’t appear to want to answer the passengers questions in the video.
Southwest Airlines could not be immediately reached for comment. This story will be updated when and if an official from the airline responds.
Sign up for Sara's free daily newsletter!
I remember the days when Southwest was fun.
Some people in the video speculated it wasn’t about the food but about the passengers open support for President Trump that led to the incident.
Donald Trump Jr. responded with disgust, as did I after seeing the viral video on Twitter.
“WTF??? This is disgusting,” said Donald Trump Jr. on Twitter. “I’ve been on a thousand flights in the last few months and everyone lowers their masks to eat and drink. I did it on a southwest flight earlier this week.”
Still, it’s hard to believe in America that something like this could happen but when you watch it on video it’s daunting.
In fact, many people responded to the post on Twitter, questioning why the gentleman was forced off the flight when almost everyone flying during these COVID-19 restrictions can lower their masks to eat.
But hey, remember it was Southwest Airlines that pulled a Texas family off a flight when the youngest member, a three-year old with autism, refused to wear a mask on a flight within the state.
Elections
Matt Gaetz Withdraws as Trump’s Pick for Attorney General Amid Controversy
Matt Gaetz, the former Florida representative and nominee for Attorney General under President-elect Donald Trump, announced Thursday that he is withdrawing from consideration for the role. Gaetz cited the “distraction” caused by lingering allegations related to alleged misconduct as the primary reason for stepping aside.
“While the momentum was strong, it is clear that my confirmation was unfairly becoming a distraction to the critical work of the Trump/Vance Transition,” Gaetz said in a statement. “There is no time to waste on a needlessly protracted Washington scuffle, thus I’ll be withdrawing my name from consideration to serve as Attorney General. Trump’s DOJ must be in place and ready on Day 1.”
The announcement follows months of scrutiny over allegations that Gaetz was involved in sexual misconduct, including accusations of paying underage women for sex. Although the Justice Department (DOJ) concluded its investigation earlier this year without filing charges, the House Ethics Committee had continued its own probe until Gaetz’s resignation from Congress last week.
The committee reportedly deadlocked this week on whether to release its findings, leaving the matter unresolved. Gaetz has consistently denied all allegations, calling them baseless.
“We have just spoken with the DOJ and have been informed that they have concluded their investigation into Congressman Gaetz and allegations related to sex trafficking and obstruction of justice, and they have determined not to bring any charges against him,” Gaetz’s attorneys said in a February statement.
Sign up for Sara's free daily newsletter!
President-elect Trump, who nominated Gaetz just over a week ago, expressed gratitude for his ally’s efforts. “I greatly appreciate the recent efforts of Matt Gaetz in seeking approval to be Attorney General,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “He was doing very well but, at the same time, did not want to be a distraction for the Administration, for which he has much respect. Matt has a wonderful future, and I look forward to watching all of the great things he will.”
Trump had praised Gaetz as a staunch ally during his time in Congress and cited his focus on reforming the DOJ as a key reason for the nomination.
Gaetz’s withdrawal leaves the Attorney General position vacant, with Trump now considering other candidates from a broad list that includes former DOJ officials, current members of Congress, and outside legal experts.
Fox News listed prominent names on the short list, which include:
– Mark Paoletta, former White House attorney and counsel to then-Vice President Mike Pence.
– Andrew Bailey, Missouri Attorney General, known for his lawsuits against the Biden administration and conservative legal advocacy.
Gaetz faced an uncertain path to Senate confirmation anyways, even in a Republican-controlled chamber; it was unclear whether he would have secured the votes needed to serve in the key Cabinet role.
-
Immigration1 day agoNewsbusters Report: Mainstream Media Gives Laken Riley Murder Trial a Measly 20 Minutes
-
Immigration5 days agoIn October Alone, Houston Immigration Agents Removed 25 Child Predators, Repeat Sex Offenders
-
Israel1 day agoOutrageous: International Criminal Court Accuses Israel of Crimes Against Humanity for Defending Itself Against Terrorists
-
China3 days agoTrump Releases Video: ‘We Have Never Been Closer to WWIII Than We Are Today’