Connect with us

Elections

Trump, Biden agree to postpone 2nd debate to hold it in-person

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 09 30 at 4.54.58 PM scaled

DEVELOPING

President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign has agreed to former Vice President Joe Biden‘s proposal to delay the second presidential debate so that they can be held in person, following President Trump refusing Thursday morning to participate in what was supposed to be a virtual town hall debate next week.

“The American people should not be deprived of the chance to see the two candidates for president debate face to face two more times just because the Commission of Presidential Debates wants to protect Joe Biden,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said in the statement.

“As President Trump said, a virtual debate is a non-starter and would clearly be a gift to Biden because he would be relying on his teleprompter from his basement bunker,” Stepien continued. “Voters should have the opportunity to directly question Biden’s 47-year failed record of leadership. We agree that this should happen on October 22, and accordingly, the third debate should then be shifted back one week to October 29.”

The second presidential debate features the candidates answering direct questions from undecided voters. Because of President Trump contracting COVID-19 last week, the CPD announced that the debate would instead be virtual to prevent him from spreading the virus. As mentioned before, Trump vehemently opposed this format change.

The Biden campaign had asked the CPD to move the second debate to October 22. However, they have rejected the request of Trump’s team to hold the third one on October 29.

This agreement between the two campaigns puts to rest the uncertainty about how the candidates would go about campaigning for the remaining 26 days until the election.

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Elections

Carter on Hannity: House Judiciary Committee will subpoena DOJ over Biden classified docs

Published

on

Screen Shot 2023 02 02 at 11.39.48 AM

Sara Carter joined Sean Hannity to discuss the classified documents being found in multiple places of both work and residence of Joe Biden from his time in the Obama administration. Carter states “One of the big questions from the House Judiciary Committee is how did President Joe Biden’s legal team stumble upon the classified documents that were found at Biden’s former office at the Penn Biden Center.”

“Why hasn’t the FBI been vocal and transparent about the fact that they searched that office and found the classified documents on November 2nd” Carter questions. Additionally, they have not yet “disclosed to the House Committees whether or not they had searched the house in Delaware or Rehoboth Beach to the full extent,” says Carter who noted the committees wanted the information by January 27th.

Carter spoke to sources who told her they will be serving subpoenas to “personnel from the Department of Justice because Attorney General Merrick Garland has refused to answer specific questions they sent to him on January 13th.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC