Third Shooting Reported In Seattle’s ‘CHOP’ As The Mayor Moves To Dismantle The Area
Seattle police reported early Tuesday morning that a third shooting was being investigated in the Capitol Hill Organized Protest Zone, also known as CHOP, after a man was shot with non-life threatening injuries, according to a Harborview Medical Center spokesperson.
Officers investigating a shooting at 11 Avenue/East Denny Way. Reports of one person injured. More information when available.
— Seattle Police Dept. (@SeattlePD) June 23, 2020
Tuesday morning’s shooting comes three days after a man was killed in the police-free CHOP zone. The earlier victims were Horace Anderson, 19, who was killed, and another man, 33, who remains in critical condition, according to the local Seattle KING5 news station.
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan announced on Monday that the city police would move in to dismantle the zone following the shootings.
“The cumulative impacts of the gatherings and protests and the night-time atmosphere and violence has led to increasingly difficult circumstances for our businesses and residents,” Mayor Jenny Durkan said of her decision, adding that she would work with CHOP anarchists to move forward with dismantling the area, while also amplifying their messages.
The first step is reclaiming an abandoned police precinct building that was evacuated as riots over the May 25 death of George Floyd flared.
You may like
BREAKING: Federal Indictment of Trump in Classified Documents Probe has been Unsealed
Former President and current Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, has been indicted and is facing 37 counts in connection with his alleged mishandling of classified documents. The 49-page document was unsealed Friday.
The indictment contains charges of the following: Willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and making false statements and representations.
Trump announced the indictment Thursday night on Truth Social, his social media platform:
“The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax, even though Joe Biden has 1850 Boxes at the University of Delaware, additional Boxes in Chinatown, D.C., with even more Boxes at the University of Pennsylvania, and documents strewn all over his garage floor where he parks his Corvette, and which is ‘secured’ by only a garage door that is paper thin, and open much of the time.”
Trump declared himself an “INNOCENT MAN” and the subject of the “Greatest Witch Hunt of all time.” The Biden administration, he claimed, is ‘TOTALLY CORRUPT.”
The former president has argued that all the documents in question were declassified when he left the White House. “You’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified, even by thinking about it,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity in an interview last year.
Trump was on to Biden's deep corruption re Ukraine and wanted it investigated, so they impeached him.
Now that many of Biden's crimes are being exposed, naturally they're going to indict Trump again.
— Monica Crowley (@MonicaCrowley) June 8, 2023
You may like
Economy4 days ago
New York City Mayor Eric Adams Proposes Housing Asylum Seekers in Private Homes
Economy4 days ago
Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’
Immigration3 days ago
Biden Administration to allow 40,000 asylum-seekers per month into US with mobile app
International3 days ago
Saudi Arabia-Israel Deal Remains Biden’s Win to Lose