Connect with us

Politics

SHOCK POLL: Hypothetical Head-to-Head for TX Governor Shows Actor Matthew McConaughey Beating Beto 2-to-1

Published

on

Matthew McConaughey
Matthew McConaughey

A survey released by the University of Texas and the Dallas Morning News shows actor Matthew McConaughey is in a hypothetical lead for Texas governor. In a match-up against current Republican Governor Greg Abbott, 43 percent of respondents say they would back McConaughey, 35 percent would support Abbott, and 22 percent would choose someone else.

In another hypothetical race against Democrat Beto O’Rourke, McConaughey’s chances were even higher with 49 percent saying they would support McConaughey to 27 percent in favor of O’Rourke.

O’Rourke’s attempts in Texas politics have not fared well in recent years. He lost the Senate bid to Ted Cruz in 2018, then “flopped” as a Democratic presidential candidate in 2020. Now Beto is attempting to oust Governor Abbott.

McConaughey has not made a decision on a political run. Last month he told The New York Times has was still “measuring” a bid and would only seriously consider running if he believed he could be “useful” to Texas’ electorate.

When assessing all three candidates together, “In a three-way race, however, the survey found O’Rourke and McConaughey would split the anti-Abbott vote and allow the governor to win reelection,” writes Mediaite.

In total, “The poll has Abbott at 37, McConaughey at 27, and O’Rourke at 26. O’Rourke, in that three-way battle, garnered 74 percent of the Democratic vote. But if McConaughey proves to be a viable candidate, it seems plausible that he could gain more Democratic support — should he end up as the most likely opponent to defeat Abbott.”

Continue Reading
4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. teo

    November 22, 2021 at 3:42 pm

    who cares. No Hollywood no democrat.

  2. Tom

    November 24, 2021 at 9:59 am

    Let’s see how that changes when he actually has to articulate a policy and answer specific questions. I suspect pretty boy’s poll numbers will fall like a rock

  3. Wayne

    November 24, 2021 at 10:22 pm

    i don’t see that as good news.50:1 maybe but 2:1 not so much

  4. Mashman

    November 30, 2021 at 11:47 am

    What has happened is that more conservative candidates have come out against Abbott, one in particular (Don Huffines) has gotten a lot of support. Democrats are hoping that Abbott (or Huffines) is weakened by the primary to the point they might have a chance. There is ZERO chance of that actually happening. The “red wave” is going to be a 100ft tsunami in Texas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Republican National Committee evacuated after receiving suspicious package with vials of blood

Published

on

Screen Shot 2024 05 22 at 10.56.12 AM

The Republican National Committee (RNC) headquarters in Washington, D.C., was placed on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone sent vials of blood to the building.

“At approximately 7:45 a.m., the USCP responded to the 300 block of First Street, SE, for the report of a suspicious package,” police said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “The package was just cleared by our Hazardous Incident Response Division. It contained two vials of blood. The source of the package and its contents will be further investigated.”

Capitol Police responded to the scene at 7:45 a.m. after a report of a suspicious package, police said. The package contained two vials of blood and was cleared by the Hazardous Incident Response Division, the police told NBC News. The source of the package and its contents are under investigation.

Officers were seen wearing uniforms identifying them as bomb techs and with K-9 units. DC Fire and EMS also confirmed to Fox News they had units on the scene to assist law enforcement while they conducted an investigation.

NBC News  added it is unclear if a suspect is in custody, but the road to the RNC headquarters was later reopened to traffic, and Capitol Police have left the scene.

Continue Reading

Trending