Connect with us

Economy

Sen. Hawley reaffirms support for stimulus checks, will ‘gladly work’ with Rep. Ocasio-Cortez

Published

on

sen josh hawley

In a rare showing of bipartisanship, conservative Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), a supporter of sending more stimulus checks, reaffirmed his support on Friday and also said that he would “gladly work” with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), a self-described democratic socialist, and anyone else to make families and workers the priority when it comes to COVID-19 relief.

“I will gladly work w/ @AOC and anyone else who wants to help working families,” the junior senator from Missouri wrote in a tweet. “Families and working people in need should be the FIRST consideration in COVID relief, not last”.

On the same day as Hawley’s tweet, Ocasio-Cortez and Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), another member of “The Squad,” a group of progressive Democrats, called for $1,200 stimulus checks to be included in the next COVID-19 relief package. Stimulus checks have only been sent out once during the pandemic so far, which was back in the spring and part of the CARES Act.

Negotiations between congressional leaders, as well as with the Trump administration, over delivering a new COVID-19 economic stimulus package have been stalled for months. As the months have piled up, calls for both sides of the aisle to reach a compromise and send more stimulus checks to the millions of Americans affected financially by the pandemic have intensified.

For the most part, experts expect that such legislation will likely not be passed until January, when the newly elected Congress and President-elect Joe Biden are sworn in. However, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday and Friday both expressed optimism about getting a mid-sized relief bill passed.

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Economy

Biden’s 60 Minutes Interview Horrifies White House: ‘Does NOT Reflect the OFFICIAL Position’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 09 19 at 2.41.05 PM

Uh oh. Someone let President Joe Biden speak by himself again and damage control immediately ensued. President Joe Biden’s “60 Minutes” interview which aired on CBS Sunday was 60 minutes of pure torture for viewers and 60 minutes of pure angst for the White House; everyone but the president himself.

60 Minutes’ official Twitter account publicly called out the President’s answers with an embarrassing statement that his own administration was in disagreement with him:

“President Biden tells 60 Minutes that U.S. men and women would defend Taiwan in the vent of a Chinese invasion. However, after our interview, a White House official told us that U.S. policy on Taiwan has not changed.”

CBS’ Scott Pelley also discussed inflation; an issue drastically affecting the welfare and wellbeing of families. Biden deflected with zero sympathy:

As for President Biden’s son Joe, he is sticking with the narrative that Hunter is the “smartest” person he knows and that “there’s not a single thing that I’ve observed at all that would affect me or the United States relative to my son Hunter.”

Biden also said that while the “proof of the pudding is in the eating” in response to being asked if he is fit to be President, Biden did not commit to saying whether or not he will run for re-election. His “intention” is to run again, “but that’s just intention” he said. “Is it a firm decision that I run again? That remains to be seen.”

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC