Elections
Sen. Cruz says he’ll present oral argument, if PA mail-in voting case goes to SCOTUS: Fox News
If a Pennsylvania lawsuit over mail-in voting winds up heading to the U.S. Supreme Court, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) told Fox News that he will “stand ready to present the oral argument”.
“Petitioners’ legal team has asked me whether I would be willing to argue the case before the Supreme Court, if the Court grants certiorari,” a statement to Fox News from Cruz reads. “I have agreed, and told them that, if the Court takes the appeal, I will stand ready to present the oral argument.”
Moreover, the case was brought by Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.) and Sean Parnell, a Republican congressional candidate from Pennsylvania, and they argue that mail-in voting is unconstitutional and thus the mail-in ballots should be thrown out, according to Fox News congressional correspondent Mike Emmanuel on Monday’s episode of “Bill Hemmer Reports.”
This wouldn’t be the first time that Cruz has argued in front of a court, having once served as the solicitor general for Texas and having appeared before the U.S. Supreme Court nine times, Emmanuel told Hemmer.
“As I said last week, the bitter division and acrimony across the Nation needs resolution,” Cruz also said to Fox News. “I believe the Supreme Court has that responsibility to the American People to ensure, within its powers, that we are following the law and following the Constitution.”
So far, President Donald Trump‘s legal team and supporters have launched dozens of legal cases challenging the 2020 presidential election in multiple swing states but none have been successful in changing the winner in any states.
As President-elect Joe Biden continues to name appointees for his incoming administration, Trump refuses to concede the election. There are reports that Trump is considering another run in 2024, possibly even announcing such a run on Inauguration Day at a rumored political rally in Florida instead of attending Biden’s swearing-in ceremony in accordance with tradition.
RELATED: Trump plans competing rally on Inauguration Day: report
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
Elections
Judicial Watch: ‘These striking records show that CIA resources were deployed in reaction to the January 6 disturbance’
Judicial Watch announced this week it received 88 pages of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) records from the Department of Justice in a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit that show the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) deployed personnel to Washington, DC, on January 6, 2021.
Judicial Watch forced the release of the records through a June 5, 2023, lawsuit that was filed after the Justice Department failed to respond to an August 10, 2023, FOIA request for records and communications regarding shots being fired inside the U.S. Capitol, as well as requests for Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Special Response Team assistance on January 6, 2021 (Judicial Watch Inc. v U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:23-cv-01608)).
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) records include a series of text messages under the heading “January 7 Intel Chain” in which two separate references to participation by the CIA are made. One states that “two CIA bomb techs” are assisting with “a pipe bomb scene on New Jersey and D ST SE.” Another references “several CIA dog teams on standby.”
Judicial Watch forced the release of the records through a lawsuit that was filed after DOJ failed to respond to a FOIA request for records regarding shots being fired inside the Capitol & requests for ATF Special Response Team assistance on 1/6 (2/3). https://t.co/1gnVt0QVcG
— Judicial Watch ⚖️ (@JudicialWatch) March 13, 2024
In November 2021, Judicial Watch released multiple audio, visual and photo records from the DC Metropolitan Police Department about the shooting death of Babbitt on January 6, 2021, in the U.S. Capitol Building. The records included a cell phone video of the shooting and an audio of a brief police interview of the shooter, Byrd.
In October 2021, United States Park Police records related to the January 6, 2021, demonstrations at the U.S. Capitol showed that on the day before the January 6 rally featuring President Trump, U.S. Park Police expected a “large portion” of the attendees to march to the U.S. Capitol and that the FBI was monitoring the January 6 demonstrations, including travel to the events by “subjects of interest.”
Continue Reading: Judicialwatch.org
-
Economy7 days agoSnickers responds to Biden’s false SOTU snub, bashing high inflation and ‘spikes in cost’
-
Elections6 days agoVindication for Trump: new evidence undercut two sensational claims Dems made in Jan. 6 investigation
-
Immigration6 days agoFBI Director warns of border smuggling network ties to ISIS
-
Immigration6 days agoSupreme Court buys time, extends freeze on Texas Immigration law through Monday
