Connect with us

International

Secretary Blinken accused of sharing a list of names with the Taliban

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 08 30 at 6.33.44 PM

By Jenny Goldsberry

Secretary of State Antony Blinken appeared on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday to explain how he’s gotten busloads of people out of Afghanistan. While he denies that he shared lists of names with the Taliban, he did admit there are times when he needed to provide what he called a manifest.

“The idea that we’ve done anything to put at further risk those that we are trying to help leave the country is simply wrong,” Blinken explained to host Chuck Todd.

“The idea that we shared lists of Americans or others with the Taliban is simply wrong,” he said.

“So, in specific instances when you’re trying to get a bus or a group of people through, and you need to show a manifest to do that, because particularly in cases where people don’t have the necessary credentials on them or documents on them, then you would — you’ll share names on a list of people on the bus so they can be assured that those are people that we’re looking to bring in,” Blinken said. “And by definition, that’s exactly what’s happened. We’ve gotten 5,500 American citizens out of Afghanistan. And to the extent that in an individual case with a particular group or a bus to verify that the people on the bus or in that group were people who were supposed to come out, American citizens, especially, again, if they lacked the right document with them, that’s what we would do. But the idea that we put anyone in any further jeopardy is simply wrong.”

Shortly following the suicide attack at the Kabul airport, Blinken tweeted that he evacuated 100,000 people from Afghanistan.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Huge protests erupt in China in defiance of the Chinese Communist Party’s Covid-19 lockdowns

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 11 28 at 9.56.10 AM

Much of the world is getting on with life and attempting to recover any of the horrendous damage caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has just imposed even more Covid-19 lockdowns sparking unrest.

Chinese citizens are banning together to protest yet another round of strict covid protocols and lockdowns suffocating their freedom.

In Shanghai, citizens chanted against President Xi Jinping’s rule, according to CNN. Chants “Xi Jinping, step down” and “Communist party, step down” were chanted. Some protesters held up blank sheets of paper to symbolize resistance against the Chinese government.

One social media user explained the black sheets of paper: “We don’t need to write anything on it. It is a symbol of the revolution of the people.”

https://twitter.com/eefjerammeloo/status/1596561813692219393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1596561813692219393%7Ctwgr%5E7f623c68ad2c452323aea9efd47bb8858f92003c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2Fnews%2Fprotests-erupt-across-china-in-defiance-of-xis-covid-19-lockdowns%2F

An apartment fire in Urumqi, the capital of the far western region of Xinjiang, killed ten people and injured nine last week. The incident triggered “the most recent wave of unrest” because “it was believed that the mobility restrictions in the area either trapped the residents or slowed the dispatch of emergency services” reports National Review.

Various universities including in Shanghai, Beijing, and Nanjing, saw huge crowds of students who honored the victims and denounced China’s zero-Covid-19 policy and strict control measures.

 

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC