Connect with us

Elections

Sarah Huckabee Sanders announces run for Arkansas governor

Published

on

Sarah Sanders

Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders announced Monday that she is running for governor of Arkansas in 2022.

Sanders previously served as White House Press Secretary for President Donald Trump from 2017 to 2019. After departing from her position in June 2019, Trump urged Sanders to run for governor of Arkansas, tweeting, “She would be fantastic.”

In a nearly 8-minute long video released on Twitter Monday morning, Sanders said, “As governor, I will defend your right to be free of socialism and tyranny.”

“Our state needs a leader with the courage to do what’s right, not what’s politically correct or convenient,” she continued.

Sanders is the daughter of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who served from 1996 to 2007. He was also a candidate for the Republican Party presidential nomination in both 2008 and 2016.

“My dad always said, the real test of a leader is not the way you handle issues you know are coming, it’s rising to the moment in a crisis you could never plan for.”

Sanders hopes to be the first woman governor of Arkansas.

“I was only the third woman, and the first mom to serve as White House Press Secretary,” Sanders said. “With your support, I hope to be the first woman to lead our state as governor.”

Moreover, Sanders vowed to promote law and order, prohibit sanctuary cities, fight back against the green new deal, lower state income tax and create new jobs.

Sanders is seeking to replace current GOP Gov. Asa Hutchinson, who is barred by term limits from running for reelection next year. Sanders will run against Lt. Gov. Tim Griffin and Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge in the Republican primary. No Democrats have formally announced their candidacy.

“I will not retreat, I will not surrender and I will not bow down to the radical left, not now, not ever,” Sanders said. “As governor, I will defend our freedom and lead with heart.”

You may like

Continue Reading

Economy

Biden’s 60 Minutes Interview Horrifies White House: ‘Does NOT Reflect the OFFICIAL Position’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 09 19 at 2.41.05 PM

Uh oh. Someone let President Joe Biden speak by himself again and damage control immediately ensued. President Joe Biden’s “60 Minutes” interview which aired on CBS Sunday was 60 minutes of pure torture for viewers and 60 minutes of pure angst for the White House; everyone but the president himself.

60 Minutes’ official Twitter account publicly called out the President’s answers with an embarrassing statement that his own administration was in disagreement with him:

“President Biden tells 60 Minutes that U.S. men and women would defend Taiwan in the vent of a Chinese invasion. However, after our interview, a White House official told us that U.S. policy on Taiwan has not changed.”

CBS’ Scott Pelley also discussed inflation; an issue drastically affecting the welfare and wellbeing of families. Biden deflected with zero sympathy:

As for President Biden’s son Joe, he is sticking with the narrative that Hunter is the “smartest” person he knows and that “there’s not a single thing that I’ve observed at all that would affect me or the United States relative to my son Hunter.”

Biden also said that while the “proof of the pudding is in the eating” in response to being asked if he is fit to be President, Biden did not commit to saying whether or not he will run for re-election. His “intention” is to run again, “but that’s just intention” he said. “Is it a firm decision that I run again? That remains to be seen.”

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC