Connect with us

Immigration

Sara Carter reports from the border: 9-year-old Guatemalan boy crosses into US alone to locate estranged mother

Published

on

sara roma tx migrant boy

Sara Carter encountered a nine-year-old Guatemalan boy crossing the border and helped him contact his estranged mother for the first time in years late Wednesday night. Carter talked about her most recent trip to the southern border in Texas during an appearance on the Sean Hannity Show Thursday.

The boy borrowed Carter’s phone to call his mother, who’s living in the US already, to let her know he’d made his way safely. He crossed the border without any family members or friends, but Carter told Hannity it appeared his family had hired smugglers to help him get there.

[brid autoplay=”true” video=”794210″ player=”23886″ title=”Nine%20year%20old%20Guatemalan%20boy%20crosses%20into%20US%20alone%20to%20locate%20estranged%20mother” duration=”294″ description=”Fox News investigative reporter Sara Carter shares exclusive footage on \’Hannity\'” uploaddate=”2021-06-04″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/thumb/794210_t_1622812490.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/sd/794210.mp4″]

“It was very emotional for me,” Carter said of the phone call. “I’m a mother.”

His story is common. Children have been found abandoned on farms, at the Rio Grande river, and even in open fields along the border. “We have children coming across our border and he is really only one of 20,000 children that are now in our custody. Probably more than 20,000 in over 200 shelters across the United States.” Carter told Hannity Thursday.

And more attempt to cross every day. “Last night, after the show, we went back out on the river… But roads were filled with people. You can see across the river, just you could hear them in the darkness. Making their way with the smugglers down along the river. And then the smugglers loading people up into rafts bringing them across the river with no indication of fear or worry that they were going to be arrested,” Carter said. She spoke to National Guardsmen who say that many of the people in this those boats are families with young children and even pregnant women.

“Because remember,” she said, “this young boy is one of the lucky ones. He actually made it. What about all the children that we never see, that we never hear about, the children that don’t make [it through] this journey?”

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading

Immigration

IG Audit shows nonprofit wasted $17 million taxpayer dollars on hotels to not house illegal foreign nationals

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 08 10 at 11.34.49 PM

An audit report by the Inspector General shows enraging information as to exactly how millions of dollars from the American people were completely wasted.

One doesn’t need to read past the IG report’s headline to become furious: “ICE Spent Funds on Unused Beds, Missed COVID-19 Protocols and Detention Standards while Housing Migrant Families in Hotels.”

In summary, an unbelievable $17 million was wasted on not housing illegal foreign nationals. At the heart of the story is Endeavors, a nonprofit which has received half a billion dollars in taxpayer money “through no-bid government contracts to house foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. and were released by the Biden administration instead of being deported” reports The Center Square.

The audit evaluated the process used by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to grant no bid contracts to Endeavors and their compliance with federal law, the article explains.

The report evaluated an $86.9 million sole source contract first awarded to Endeavors earlier this year. The contract was awarded for six months to provide “temporary shelter and processing services for families who have not been expelled and are therefore placed in immigration proceedings for their removal from the United States,” The Center Square previously reported.

Months after it received its first no bid contract, Endeavors received a second $530 million contract and hired former Biden administration official Andrew Lorenzen-Straight as its senior director for migrant services and federal affairs, Axios reported.

The Center Square explains:

Sole source contracts are used when an agency can demonstrate the contract meets specific and justified criteria. If contracts don’t meet one of the criteria, they must be awarded through an open competitive process.

Endeavors has no professional history of providing housing services and has never provided beds or all-inclusive emergency family residential services, OIG auditors found. Those critical of DHS’ contract process argue the agency should be awarding contracts through an open competitive process to ensure that those bidding for funds can offer the services they claim they can provide.

Under the contract in question, for six months between March and September 2021, Endeavors was responsible for providing 1,239 beds and other necessary services in hotels. It used six hotels and repurposed them as Emergency Family Reception Sites to accommodate families staying less than three days while ICE considered conditions of release, including alternatives to detention.

The IOG made four recommendations for ICE to improve its contracting and oversight of hotel facility management and operations. “ICE concurred with one recommendation and didn’t concur with three. Based on information ICE provided in its response, the IOG said it considered one recommendation resolved and closed, and three recommendations administratively closed.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC