Connect with us

Nation

Sara Carter: National Guard in DC ‘are not an enemy’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 01 18 at 3.41.21 PM

Sara Carter spoke to Fox News host Martha MacCallum Monday about comments made by a Democratic congressman that casted doubt over the National Guard’s loyalty as they deploy to the Nation’s Capitol ahead of President-elect Joe Biden‘s Wednesday inauguration.

“The [National] Guard is 90 some-odd percent male, and only about 20% of white males voted for Biden,” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) said in a CNN interview earlier on Monday. “You’ve got to figure that in the Guard, which is predominantly more conservative […] they’re probably not more than 25% of the people there protecting us that voted for Biden. The other 75% are in the large class of folks that might want to do something.”

Cohen’s remarks come amid fears among U.S. defense officials that some in the National Guard might launch an insider attack. The FBI is now vetting all Guard troops who will be in Washington, D.C. for the event.

“It’s absolutely divisive and wrong, Martha,” Carter said in response to Cohen’s remarks. “My husband is a wounded war veteran. He pledged allegiance to the Constitution to protect our nation from enemies both foreign and domestic. He gave that pledge just like all the other men and women that fought alongside him in Afghanistan.”

“I also covered the war in Afghanistan,” Carter told host Martha MacCallum. “I saw young men of all colors, of all religions—and women—give their life up for this nation because they believe [in] and love this country.”

Carter’s attention then turned toward the thousands of National Guard troops currently stationed in the nation’s capital, where the number of troops is going to surge up to 25,000 on Inauguration Day from the previous 21,000, the National Guard Bureau said last week. This massive presence of troops in Washington is meant to combat any threats to Biden and his inauguration following a mob storming the U.S. Capitol on January 6 in a deadly siege.

RELATED: Up to 25,000 National Guard troops to be in D.C. on Inauguration Day

“And as for the 21,000 National Guard members that are in Washington, D.C., it’s important to remember that they are doing their job as well. They are not an enemy,” Carter said. “Many of them can’t believe they’re there with their AR-15s guarding the Capitol before inauguration, and on Inauguration Day too, to protect President-elect and President Joe Biden from possible threats within the nation. To say that these men and women, who are there protecting our nation, that 75% of them ‘pose a threat’ to our country because they had a different political party affiliation is absolutely un-American and wrong.”

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

BLM co-founder used funds to pay sister, mother, brother and child’s father

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 04 12 at 8.13.15 AM

Released tax filings show just how Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors spent the millions of dollars raised from “White guilt.” She paid roughly $970,000 to the company of her child’s father to help “produce live events” and other “creative services.”

Over $840,000 was paid to her brother, Paul Cullors, for security services. Daily Mail wrote that “leaders have attempted to justify” the expenses to her brother by saying the “foundation’s protection could not be entrusted to former police professionals who typically run security firms because the BLM movement is known for vehemently protesting law enforcement organizations.”

It was recently disclosed that she bought a $6 million mansion in L.A. for the organization, and denied she took money from BLM for personal matters, although shortly after it was unearthed that she had used the mansion for her own parties.

Cullors also reportedly “reimbursed BLM $73,523 for a charter flight for foundation-related travel, which the organization says she took in 2021 out of concern for COVID-19 and security threats.”

Cullors resigned last year from the organization due to criticism of her finances, such as purchasing multiple homes for herself that cost millions of dollars combined. She also admitted the charity was paying for “employment” of her sister, mother, and brother.

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation Inc revealed from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021, it ended the fiscal year with nearly $42 million in net assets. “The foundation invested $32 million in stocks from the $90 million it received as donations amid racial justice protests in 2020” adds Daily Mail.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC