Connect with us

Featured

Ron Paul says he’s blocked from managing his Facebook page

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 01 11 at 3.01.52 PM scaled

Former Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) on Monday announced that Facebook has prevented him from managing his page, part of the latest wave of suspensions affecting many conservatives on social media sites, most notably President Donald Trump.

“With no explanation other than ‘repeatedly going against our community standards,’ @Facebook has blocked me from managing my page,” Paul tweeted Monday afternoon. “Never have we received notice of violating community standards in the past and nowhere is the offending post identified.”

“The only thing we posted to Facebook today was my weekly ‘Texas Straight Talk’ column,” the influential libertarian added, “which I have published every week since 1976.”

Attached to Paul’s Twitter thread is a screenshot of his Facebook page, which shows a “You Have Limited Page Functionality” notification saying: “Due to repeatedly going against our Community Standards, you’re temporarily blocked from creating new Pages and managing your existing Pages. Review our Community Standards to see what’s a violation on Facebook.”

Paul’s son, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), came to his father’s defense shortly after the announcement, tweeting: “Facebook now considers advocating for liberty to be sedition. Where will it end?”

This announcement from Congressman Paul comes after Facebook and Twitter suspended the accounts of President Trump following last Wednesday’s deadly Capitol riot.

RELATED: Leaders in Germany, France disagree with Twitter’s banning of Trump

While supporters of Trump’s removal argue that Twitter and Facebook are private companies and that the First Amendment thus doesn’t apply to them, others, especially conservatives, have argued that his removal amounts to censorship and anti-conservative bias.

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

China

Chinese Spy Balloon: Tensions rise between the U.S. and China

Published

on

China shutterstock 1376982239

A strange object was spotted Wednesday over Billings Montana. The Pentagon confirmed Thursday that the strange object was, in fact, a Chinese spy balloon. According to a report from KPAX, a western Montana news outlet, the balloon had been on the governments radar for days.

On Friday, the Chinese government released a statement saying that the balloon spotted in Billings is a “civilian airship” that’s sole purpose is used to collect research on weather and that it had just blown off course. The balloon was not shot down by orders of the Pentagon due to the risk of falling debris injuring people on the ground.

Sara Carter, who has spoken frequently on the Chinese government’s threat and expansion to the West, stated on Twitter that the United States has failed to stop China from purchasing land near military installations, vital agricultural land, as well as, allowing Chinese linked companies, such as Huawei, to install technology in cellular towers. Those cellular towers are located in Montana, along side more than 150 ICBM nuclear silos.

China said, “The Chinese side regrets the unintended entry of the airship into U.S. airspace due to force majeure.” Majeure meaning that it was out of there control. It blew off course due to limited “self-steering” capabilities according the Ministry. The ministry also stated that the balloon, “deviated far from its planned course.”

This incident is adding fuel to the fire of what is already a tense relationship between the worlds two largest economies. China already lays claim to approximately 80% of the South China Sea, and is seeking full control over Taiwan after assuming full control of Hong Kong. China’s belt and road initiative has invested copious amounts of money into building infrastructure in other countries and uses it as economic blackmail. China’s transportation of fentanyl into Mexico is yet again another example of how they are seeking to damage the US.

Is this just a weather ballon that blew off course? US officials at the White House seem to be unconvinced and will continue to monitor the balloon, as reported.

UPDATED: Statement from the Pentagon was jaw dropping when a reporter asked if the public has a right to know about Beijing’s balloon.

“The public certainly has the ability to look up in the sky and see where the balloon is,” a DOD official responded.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC