Connect with us

International

Report: U.S. out of airfield in Kandahar, Afghanistan

Published

on

Afghanistan 676001056

After President Biden announced he will be ending “America’s longest war” this year, a US official confirmed to Fox News that all military personnel have left the Kandahar Airfield in southern Afghanistan. Kandhar is the country’s second-largest city.

RELATED: Afghanistan experts: Biden must bring Afghan interpreters to the U.S. They can’t be left behind.

The official reported that the troops left earlier this week. At the time Biden promised to pull all troops out of Afghanistan, there were about 2,500 soldiers stationed there.

Read the full article here.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism

Continue Reading

Israel

Israel Defense Forces say coalition successfully intercepted over 99 percent of Iranian drones, missiles

Published

on

Iran nuclear weapons program

The U.S., U.K, France, and Jordan came together with Israel to intercept the onslaught of Iranian drones targeting Israel, according to multiple reports.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responded defiantly, saying his country is “strong” and prepared to defend itself from any threat.

“Our defense systems are deployed, and we are prepared for any scenario, both in defense and offense. The State of Israel is strong, the IDF is strong, the public is strong,” Netanyahu said.

“We appreciate the US for standing by Israel’s side as well as the support of the UK, France and many other countries,” he continued.

“I established a clear principle — whoever hurts us, we will hurt them. We will defend ourselves from any threat and we will do so calmly and with determination.”

In conjunction with the attack, Iran’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei launched a tirade against Israel on Saturday and blamed the Jewish state for the recent attack on an Iranian compound in Damascus, Syria.

“The malicious regime has made a wrong move in this case. It should be punished and it will be punished,” he said of Israel.

National Review reports:

Iran typically targets Israel through its network of well-resourced regional proxies such as Hamas and Hezbollah. Israel continues to fights its war against Hamas sparked by the terrorist group’s mass civilian slaughter and rape on October 7.

Hamas rejected another temporary cease-fire proposal after negotiations began in Cairo, Egypt last weekend between U.S., Qatari, and Egyptian officials. The cease-fire proposal would have seen Israel exchange hundreds of Gazan prisoners for dozens of the hostages held in captivity by Hamas.

As for injuries, a seven-year-old girl suffered severe injuries from shrapnel that fell directly onto her home. She was rushed to the hospital and underwent emergency surgery for a head wound. An estimated 31 people in total were treated for stress and minor injuries.

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending