Connect with us

Elections

Report: Trump’s super PAC has $85M so far before 2022 midterms, possible 2024 bid

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 10 30 at 7.50.42 PM

As eyes start to gaze forward at the 2022 midterms, a new report claims that the super PAC of former President Donald Trump, who’s also been hinting at a possible 2024 bid, has $85 million cash on hand.

RELATED: Trump hints when he’ll decide on 2024

The money, a source familiar reportedly told Fox News on Thursday, will likely be used as a helping hand for GOP candidates nationwide as Republicans try to regain control of both chambers of Congress in 2022.

Save America PAC, which the then-president launched shortly following Election Day in 2020, had at least $31.2 million at the beginning of this year, according to a report filed in February with the Federal Election Commission, Fox News reported.

RELATED: Biden says he intends to run in 2024 but makes no commitment

In 2018, Republicans lost their majority in the House of Representatives after eight years of control. After 2020, they no longer control the Senate—albeit by the slimmest of margins.

As Fox News noted, then-Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh last year after the election told the outlet that Trump “always planned to [fundraise], win or lose, so he can support candidates and issues he cares about, such as combating voter fraud.”

On Thursday also, the National Republican Congressional Committee reported that it accumulated $33.7 million in fundraising between January and March of this year, which was shared first with Fox News.

$19.1 million of that sum, according to the news outlet, was just from March. This, the NRCC said, broke its previous off-election year record by $3.6 million.

Read the full original Fox News report here.

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @DouglasPBraff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Elections

Judge orders Biden’s DHS to release files on agents accused of censoring election ‘misinformation’

Published

on

google facebook france

Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry made headway in countering federal agents involved in suppressing what liberal tech labeled “misinformation” on social media.

The Attorneys General moved to release testimony from five Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) employees after learning of their participation in the Biden administration’s counter-“disinformation” efforts. On Wednesday, a Louisiana judge ordered the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to release the files.

Court documents dated Jan. 19 show  the agents participated. The judge’s motion Wednesday could shed light on a “switchboarding” tactic employed during the 2020 election, according to the order.

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants, which include the named individuals as well as President Joe Biden and top officials from a variety of federal agencies, “colluded and/or coerced social media companies to suppress disfavored speakers, viewpoints, and content on social media platforms by labeling the content “dis-information,” “mis-information,” and “mal-formation.”

The Daily Caller reports that the five CISA employees allegedly served as a “switchboard” to route requests from federal agencies to censor disinformation to various social media companies, according to the documents.

Switchboard work employed “an audit official to identify something on social media they deemed to be disinformation aimed at their jurisdiction,” top CISA election security agent Brian Skully testified in a deposition released Thursday.

“They couldforward that to CISA and CISA would share that with the appropriate social mediacompanies.”

 

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC