Connect with us

China

Report: Hunter Biden Remains A Board Member Of Chinese Company With A 10 Percent Equity Stake

Published

on

Hunter Biden, former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, is still a board member of the Chinese private equity firm he promised to resign from in October, according to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s recent report.

Chinese business records reviewed by the DCNF Tuesday reveal that Hunter Biden maintains a director status with the company, BHR. Moreover, the news site found that Hunter Biden’s company, Skaneateles LLC, has a 10 percent equity stake in the firm.

From the Daily Caller: 

“BHR manages the equivalent of $2.1 billion in assets, according to its website. Hunter Biden has served as an unpaid member of BHR’s board since its founding in 2013, and in October 2017 he obtained his equity stake in the firm with a $420,000 investment, according to Mesires.”

On Oct. 13, Hunter Biden issued his pledge to resign from BHR’s board “on or by October 31.” His father praised the move.

“The statement my son put out today, which I saw when he put it out — I was told it was going to be put out, I did not consult with him about what’s being put out — in fact represents the kind of man of integrity he is,” Joe Biden said in October of his pledge to  resign.

Hunter Biden became a central figure in the impeachment probe into President Donald Trump over a now-debunked allegation that the President threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into Hunter’s paid board membership with a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma holdings, while his father was in charge of Ukraine affairs under the Obama administration. The President was acquitted in February.

Click here to read the Daily Caller’s full story.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

China

Charges Given to Five Chinese Students From Michigan Found Near Military Site

Published

on

China

Federal prosecutors charged five University of Michigan graduates from China with multiple crimes on Tuesday night. The Chinese students were allegedly discovered at a military facility in northern Michigan last year.

Just The News reports how the graduates were caught with cameras at the facility during a joint training exercise between U.S. national guardsmen and members of the Taiwanese military in August of 2023, according to the Detroit News.

The indictment comes amid increased scrutiny regarding national security threats and a series of incidents regarding Chinese nationals trespassing on U.S. military grounds.

Just The News adds that the five individuals are not currently in custody, but they have been charged with conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and destroying records during a federal investigation. They have been identified as Zhekai Xu, Renxiang Guan, Haoming Zhu, Jingzhe Tao, and Yi Liang.

“The defendants are not in custody. Should they come into contact with U.S. authorities, they will be arrested and face these charges,” Gina Balaya, a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Detroit, said Wednesday, per 8 News Now.

Continue Reading

Trending