Connect with us

Nation

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard says Project Veritas Omar Video Shows ‘need to ban ballot harvesting’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 09 29 at 10.29.19 AM

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-HI, cited on Twitter Tuesday a new video from Project Veritas as “further evidence of the need to ban ballot harvesting,” adding that the issue shouldn’t be partisan.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1310768777345347584

As reported by Sara A. Carter, Project Veritas dropped a video Monday showing a ballot harvester allegedly associated with Rep. Ilhan Omar’s, R-MN, reelection campaign buying a voter’s absentee ballot.

“We don’t care illegal,” the harvester could be heard saying in the undercover video. “We are taking the money and we’ll vote for you.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1310768812883496966?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1310768812883496966%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nationalreview.com%2Fnews%2Ftulsi-gabbard-cites-project-veritass-ilhan-omar-video-in-call-to-end-ballot-harvesting%2F

Earlier this month, Gabbard warned voters of the potential dangers posed by ballot harvesting and she introduced House Resolution 8285 to address the issue.

The amendment to the Help America Vote Act of 2002 seeks “to prohibit payments under such Act to States which permit ballot harvesting, and for other purposes.”

“This is a system that allows for third parties to collect and deliver ballots for other people, potentially large numbers of people,” Gabbard said earlier informed voters. “Unfortunately, ballot harvesting has allowed for fraud and abuse to occur by those who could tamper with or discard ballots to try to sway an election for or against a certain candidate or party.”

She continued, “Our vote is our voice. So whether in the midst of a pandemic as we are now where mail in voting is likely to drastically increase or even in a normal election, no one, no one, should get in between a voter and the ballot box.”

You can follow Jennie S Taer on Twitter @JennieSTaer

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

50-Foot Christmas Tree Outside Fox News Set on Fire by 49yr Old Homeless Man

Published

on

Fox News Xmas Tree

Just before 12:15 am Wednesday morning, an arsonist set fire to the 50-foot tree in front of Fox News’ Midtown headquarters on 6th avenue. The suspect, a 49-year-old with three prior arrests, was quickly caught and taken into custody.

The man has two previous arrests for drug possession and one for public intoxication. The motive is unclear, and Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said detectives are looking into whether mental illness was a factor.

Christmas Tree

The suspect accused of setting the News Corp. Christmas tree on fire is taken into custody by the NYPD.

“The suspect is identified as 49-year-old Craig Tamanaha, who is homeless, with a last known address in Brooklyn” reports ABC 7 New York. Police said the suspect climbed up “the metal superstructure” underneath the artificial tree and lit papers he had brought with him on fire, then shoved the papers into the tree structure.

He then climbed down and watched from the street level as it burned, and he was spotted by building security who pointed the man out to police officers posted in nearby Rockefeller Center,” reports ABC.

A lighter was found in his possession, and he has been charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, arson, criminal nuisance, endangering others, criminal trespass, criminal tampering and disorderly conduct.

Fox says it will rebuild the tree, which took more than 21 hours to assemble and consisted of 10,000 glass ornaments and 100,000 lights.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending