Fox News has an excellent re-cap of where the midterm election races across the country stand, and quick explanations as to why Americans woke up without a majority in either the House or the Senate.
- Gretchen Whitmer defeats Tudor Dixon in Michigan, Republican George Santos flipped the 3rd Congressional district in New York, and Stacey Abrams conceded to Republican challenger Brian Kemp in Georgia
- Members of the progressive “Squad” were re-elected in their respective seats: Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., Cori Bush, D-Mo., and Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y.
- 4 Senate seats are still up for grabs: Nevada, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona. Delay in Arizona’s Maricopa County due to “ballot glitches” and additional results are expected on Wednesday night.
- Some of the top issues for American voters during this election cycle included inflation, threats to democracy, crime, immigration and border security, and abortion.
- Republican George Santos flipped New York’s 3rd Congressional district Wednesday and secured another House seat for the GOP.
- Arizona’s Senate and Governor Races are still without a winner. Arizona was one of the closest battleground states in 2020, and this year’s races for Senate and Governor were no different.
In the Senate race, Democrat Mark Kelly battled Republican newcomer Blake Masters. College-educated voters and women formed the core of Kelly’s support. He also won the lion’s share of moderates, and even won the backing of roughly one-in-ten Republicans.
- Nevada – Senate Race TBD
As Election night came to an end, all eyes were on Nevada. And at the end of the night, the winner in the state’s crucial Senate race was still up in the air.
- Wisconsin – Senate TBD
Incumbent Republican Ron Johnson found himself in a close race against his Democratic challenger, Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes.
- Georgia – Senate TBD, Kemp Wins Governorship (GOP Hold)
Georgia can’t decide if it’s blue or red. Once again, Raphael Warnock may be headed to a runoff to try to secure a win in this closely contested Senate race for the seat he won in a 2020 runoff.
Incumbent GOP governor Brian Kemp won his rematch against Democrat Stacey Abrams.
You may like
Trump, Rep Biggs: invoking the Alien Enemies Act to enable widespread deportation will ‘be necessary’
At a recent rally in Iowa, former President Donald Trump promised that if elected again in 2024, he would invoke the Alien Enemies Act to enable widespread deportation of migrants who have illegally entered the United States. Since President Joe Biden took office in January of 2021, over 6 million people have illegally entered the country.
Republican Representative Andy Biggs from border state Arizona, which is among the states suffering the greatest consequences from the Biden administration policies, lamented that Trump’s suggestion will be “necessary.”
Speaking on the “Just the News, No Noise” television show, Biggs stated “[I]t’s actually gonna have to be necessary.” Biggs then added his thoughts on how many more people will continue to cross the border under Biden: “Because by the time Trump gets back in office, you will have had over 10 million, in my opinion, over 10 million illegal aliens cross our border and come into the country, under the Biden regime.”
“And so when you start deporting people, and removing them from this country, what that does is that disincentivizes the tens of thousands of people who are coming,” Biggs went on. “And by the way, everyday down in Darién Gap, which is in Panama… over 5,000 people a day. [I] talk[ed] to one of my sources from the gap today. And I will just tell you, those people that you’ve seen come come in to Eagle Pass, over 7,000 in a three day period, most of those two weeks ago, were down crossing into the Darién Gap.”
“And those people… make their way up and they end up in the Eagle Pass [Texas], Del Rio area,” he continued. “So if you want to disincentivize them, you remove them from the country, which is why they remain in Mexico policy was so doggone effective at slowing down illegal border crossings.”
You may like
War on Drugs3 days ago
Kilo of fentanyl found on children’s mats at Bronx daycare, 4 children overdosed, 1 year old boy dies
China6 days ago
Electric Vehicle company with Chinese ties awarded $500 million of taxpayer money for 2nd U.S. plant
War on Drugs4 days ago
Children under 14 dying from fentanyl poisoning at ‘faster rate than any other age group’
Healthcare6 days ago
Nebraska woman who detransitioned sues doctors who facilitated removal of ‘healthy breasts’ when she was a teen battling mental health