Connect with us

Nation

President Trump delivers reassuring address to the nation saying, ‘I feel much better now.’

Published

on

trump from hospital

President Donald Trump addressed the nation Saturday in a video statement from his  hospital suite at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center a day after being admitted for symptoms associated with his diagnosis of COVID-19.

The president reassured the nation he was feeling better. He also noted that he would return back to the campaign trail “soon.” He said Walter Reed medical center is “the finest in the world’ noting that the doctors and the nurses have been exceptional.

“We’ve done an awfully good job of that, but we still have steps to go. We have to finish that job,” President Donald Trump

“I came here, wasn’t feeling so well. I feel much better now,” said Trump, who appeared to be feeling much better.

“We’re working hard to get me all the way back,” he said, noting the excellence of the hospital and staff. “I have to be back because we still…have to make America great again. We’ve done an awfully good job of that, but we still have steps to go. We have to finish that job.”

“I’ll be back. I think I’ll be back soon,” he added. “And I look forward to finishing up the campaign the way it was started. And the way we’ve been doing, the kind of numbers we’ve been doing, we’ve been so proud of it. But this was something that happened, and it’s happened to millions of people all over the world.”

The president went on to talk about the great strides being made to combat the novel coronavirus that has taken the lives of many people worldwide.

“So many things have happened,” he said. “If you look at the therapeutics, which I’m taking right now, some of them, and others are coming out soon that are looking like, frankly, they’re miracles. If you want to know the truth: They’re miracles. People criticize me when I say that, but we have things happening that look like they’re miracles coming down from God.”

“So I just want to tell you that I’m starting to feel good,” he added. “You don’t know, over the period of a few days, I guess that’s the real test.”

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

Five returned rental cars used by Biden’s Secret Service burst into flames

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 04 at 1.59.43 PM

A bizarre situation involving rental cars used during one of President Joe Biden’s trips has social media and conspiracy theorists busy with speculation.

The day after President Joe Biden left Nantucket for his Thanksgiving holiday, five Hertz rental cars hired by his Secret Service detail burst into flames in the airport parking lot.

The Nantucket Current tweeted out photos and wrote, “The cars were owned by Hertz, and had just been returned by members of the Secret Service who had been using them during President Biden’s visit, sources said.”

A fire “involving multiple rental vehicles recently used by Secret Service agents erupted early Monday morning at Nantucket Memorial Airport,” reported the Current.

According to a statement from Nantucket Memorial Airport, at 5:22 a.m. on Monday, airport staff observed an active fire through the closed circuit TV system in the rental car overflow area. Local fire and police departments responded and contained the fire.

“Something very fishy going on,” one YouTube user commented on the Nantucket Current’s video. “No freakin’ way was this a coincidence. Absolutely no way,” wrote another.

An investigation is underway. The working theory is that the fire started in a Ford Expedition, which was under a safety recall since May due to a faulty battery junction box that has been known to cause underhood fires. The recall affects 66,000 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.

“We believe these vehicle fires can be traced to a circuit board supplier that changed manufacturing locations during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to Ford’s website. “The printed circuit boards produced there are sometimes susceptible to a high-current short.”

“Of the eight fire allegations, six occurred while the vehicle was parked and off, and two occurred while driving,” says the initial March 2022 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the part of the Department of Transportation that investigates car safety issues. Interestingly, the eight vehicles were owned by multiple rental car companies at various locations.

By mid-May, the government had 16 reports of underhood fires in 2021 Expedition and Navigator vehicles. Of those, 14 were rental vehicles and 12 of the fires had occurred while the vehicle was parked with the engine off. Consequently, Ford has advised owners that these vehicles should be parked outdoors and away from buildings.

In an email to Forbes, Hertz confirmed that it was working with the local authorities on their investigation but did not confirm that the Explorer in question had been scheduled for service under the recall.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC