Connect with us

International

President Biden says he was not aware of Giuliani raid beforehand

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 04 29 at 2.53.28 PM

A day after the FBI raided Rudy Giuliani’s office and apartment, President Biden claims he did not previously know about the raid. In an interview with TODAY, he is also claiming he was not briefed about an investigation into Giuliani at all.

Biden told host Craig Melvin that he was not involved in an investigation into Trump’s personal lawyer. “I learned about that last night when the rest of the world learned about it,” Biden said. “My word. I had no idea this was underway.”

He also said that he made “a pledge” to remain uninvolved. “I’m not asking to be briefed. That’s the Justice Department’s independent judgment.”

Robert Costello, a lawyer who previously represented Steve Bannon, made a statement on behalf of Rudy Giuliani.

“The search warrants involve only one indication of an alleged incident of failure to register as a foreign agent,” Costello writes. “The Biden department of justice has completely ignored clear evidence in texts and emails on Hunter Biden’s hard drive of failing to register numerous times as a foreign agent.”

Costello also claims that Giuliani tried to reason with the Southern District of New York outside of court. “Twice, Mr. Giuliani’s counsel offered to sit with the SDNY and demonstrate that Mr. Giuliani’s conduct was lawful,” the statement reads.

Authorities are reportedly looking into whether Giuliani illegally lobbied former President Trump on behalf of Ukraine.

Rudy Giuliani’s team didn’t immediately respond to this reporter’s request for comment.

You may like

Continue Reading

International

Taliban Holds Parade for 250 Newly Trained Soldiers with American-Made Weapons Left Behind

As the result of an ill-prepared withdrawal that went horribly wrong, the Taliban now holds a large stock of weapons and equipment left behind.

Published

on

Taliban

On Sunday, Taliban forces held a very bone-chilling parade showing off their captured American-made armored military vehicles and Russian helicopters. The act was “a display that showed their ongoing transformation from an insurgent force to a regular standing army” writes CNN.

The Taliban are no longer terror insurgents fighting against American forces that had once freed Afghanistan from the Taliban. As the result of an ill-prepared withdrawal that went horribly wrong, the Taliban now holds a large stock of weapons and equipment left behind.

The parade was part of a graduation for 250 newly trained Taliban soldiers, said defense ministry spokesman Enayatullah Khwarazmi. CNN reports, “The exercise involved dozens of US-made M117 armored security vehicles driving slowly up and down a major Kabul road with MI-17 helicopters patrolling overhead. Many soldiers carried American-made M4 assault rifles.”

Tragically, much of the weaponry taunted in the parade by Taliban forces were supplied by the United States to the American-backed government in Kabul during the past two decades. The equipment was to aid an Afghan national force and make it capable of fighting the Taliban.

As forces fled Afghanistan, some of the military equipment provided by western forces was flown into Central Asian Countries in an attempt to avoid it landing in the hands of the Taliban. It remains unclear exactly how much of what did end up in Taliban control is still operational.

American troops destroyed over 70 aircraft and dozens of armored vehicles, as well as disabled air defenses before flying out of Kabul during the frenetic evacuation. CNN reports “Taliban officials have said that pilots, mechanics and other specialists from the former Afghan National Army would be integrated into a new force, which has also started wearing conventional military uniforms in place of the traditional Afghan clothing normally worn by their fighters.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending