Connect with us

China

Pres. Trump ‘Halts’ Funding Of World Health Organization

Published

on

trump press briefing wh

During his White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing Tuesday afternoon, President Donald Trump announced that the United States will freeze its funding of the World Health Organization.

“Today, I am instructing my administration to halt funding of the World Health Organization while a review is conducted to assess the World Health Organization’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus,” Pres. Trump told the nation.

The World Health Organization is facing global scrutiny for its failures to prevent a pandemic. Meanwhile, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of WHO, was accused in 2017 of “covering up three cholera epidemics in his home country, Ethiopia, when he was health minister.” His overt support of China – from where the coronavirus pandemic emerged – was one of the driving factors that caused the Trump administration to pull U.S. funding from the organization.

“The world depends on the WHO to work with countries to ensure that accurate information about international health threats is shared in a timely manner, and if it’s not, to independently tell the world the truth about what is happening,” said Pres. Trump. “The WHO failed in this basic duty.”

The President went into further detail about why he doesn’t trust the WHO.

“They told us when we put on our travel bans, a very strong travel ban, there was no need to do it, don’t do it. They actually fought us. The WHO’s reliance on China’s disclosures likely caused a 20-fold increase in cases worldwide and it may be much more than that,” he said. “You look all over the world, tremendous death and economic devastation because those tasked with protecting us by being truthful and transparent refused to do so.”

Last Tuesday, Trump accused the WHO of being “China-centric” and foreshadowed his move to cut funding.

“We’re going to put a hold on money to the WHO. We’re going to put a very powerful hold on it,” he said at the time.

The U.S. has provided the agency with $893 million during the WHO’s current two-year funding period. According to reports, that includes about $236 million in dues.

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

China

Experts Say United States Vulnerable to ‘Electromagnetic’ Attack by Chinese

Published

on

China

When Joe Biden was trying to convince Americans to vote for him to become the next President back in 2019, he belittled the concept that China is a danger to the U.S. “Come on man, China’s not a threat” said Biden.

Experts, however, continue to show just how wrong Biden has always been. Fox News reports “experts are warning that the United States is vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack from adversaries such as China, and that time is running out to invest in defending the country from it.”

Last week during a virtual forum hosted by the Universal Peace Federation, Peter Vincent Pry, the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, said “that poses a real threat of possibly being able to win a war with a single blow by means of an EMP attack.”

“Moreover…they don’t envision employing an EMP by itself. It would be used in conjunction with cyberattacks and physical sabotage, and non-nuclear EMP” added Pry. Experts also warn that while an EMP attack would be “bloodless” at first, a yearlong blackout could kill roughly 90% of the American population.

Fox News reports:

The U.S. electric grid and other infrastructure – such as communications and transportation systems and water and sewer services – could all be devastated by such an attack, experts like Pry warn, noting that time is of the essence for the U.S. to defend itself.

China already possesses “super EMPs” and last summer tested a new hypersonic glide vehicle that analysts warn could deploy the EMP and cause a long-lasting blackout that would shut down key infrastructure and cripple the military’s ability to communicate.

A Pentagon report on Chinese military capabilities details how China has invested heavily in its EMP program, with a strategy that “emphasizes suppressing, degrading, disrupting or deceiving enemy electronic equipment throughout the continuum of a conflict while protecting its ability to use the cyber and electromagnetic spectrum.”

“The PLA is likely to use electronic warfare early in a conflict as a signaling mechanism to warn and deter adversary offensive action. Potential EW targets include adversary systems operating in radio, radar, microwave, infrared and optical frequency ranges, as well as adversary computer and information systems” adds the report.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending