Connect with us

Elections

Pres. Trump addresses the nation about voter fraud allegations: ‘This may be the most important speech I’ve ever made’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 12 02 at 3.39.59 PM

President Donald Trump addressed the nation Wednesday in what he said “may be the most important speech I’ve ever made.”

During his over 45 minute remarks, Trump discussed a “coordinated assault and siege” on the election. He presented several instances of alleged voter fraud in swing states and called for an investigation into those claims.

“This is not just about honoring votes of 74 million Americans who voted for me, it’s about ensuring that Americans can have faith in this election and in all future elections,” Trump said.

Trump also took swipes at Democrats, saying “they had it rigged from the very beginning” and used the COVID-19 pandemic to execute their supposed plan.

He then claimed that the Dominion software in voting machines was used to change the outcome of the election, among the other discrepancies.

Trump also took aim at the media for failing to cover the allegations of fraud.

He said that he has long been victim to their attacks and in 2016 was falsely targeted, referring to the now-debunked allegations his campaign had ties to Russia.

“So who knows if he’s ever even going to do a report, but if you look at the lies and the leaks and the illegal acts of behavior done by so many people and their desire to hurt the President of the United States, something should happen,” Trump explained.

He added, “The hardest thing I have to do is explain why nothing is happening with all of these people that got caught spying on my campaign. It’s never happened before and it should never happen again to a President of the United States.”

Trump added that he’s still fighting for his victory and believes there’s enough evidence to make that happen.

Continue Reading

Economy

Michigan asks residents to house migrants, enroll children in school and help adults find employment

Published

on

Screen Shot 2023 01 09 at 4.26.56 PM

Michigan is asking its residents to help with the mess its leadership created and house migrants in their own homes. The state Department of Labor and Economic Development said volunteers who participate must commit for at least 90 days as part of the refugee support program.

In addition to opening up their homes, sponsors are expected to support newly arrived refugees by greeting them at the airport, securing and preparing initial housing, enrolling children in school and helping adults find employment.

“Programs like the Welcome Corps advance the Office of Global Michigan’s mission to make Michigan the home for opportunity for our immigrant, refugee and ethnic communities,” said Poppy Hernandez, Global Michigan Director and Michigan’s Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer. “Expanded refugee resettlement pathways empower more Michiganders to support our state’s growing refugee population and build a more welcoming and inclusive Michigan for all.”

The migrants will come from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela, all points of origin where many have been hoping to apply for asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Fox News reports “cities like New York and Chicago have also dealt with issues related to migrants committing crimes, as well as pushback from residents who have voiced anger and concern over the influx. Migrant shelters in those cities have largely been full, forcing officials to come up with ways to safely house the migrants.”

Last year, Massachusetts officials asked residents to open their doors as migrant shelters were full at the time. “Most importantly, if you have an extra room or suite in your home, please consider hosting a family. Housing and shelter is our most pressing need and become a sponsor family,” said Massachusetts Lt. Governor Kim Driscoll.

Continue Reading

Trending