Connect with us

Middle East

POLITICO: Pentagon knew about attack at the airport gate hours before

Published

on

main hq pentagon washington dc

[brid autoplay=”true” video=”851213″ player=”23886″ title=”Sara%20Carter%20’Blood%20Will%20Be%20On%20Biden’s%20Hands’%20If%20Americans%20Die%20In%20Afghanistan” duration=”286″ description=”Sara Carter, Fox News contributor, and Peter Hegseth, Fox News Co-Host, discuss American’s in Afghanistan on ‘Hannity.'” uploaddate=”2021-08-25″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/thumb/851213_t_1629894499.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/sd/851213.mp4″]


By Jenny Goldsberry

Top Pentagon officials knew about the attack Hamid Karzai International Airport about 24 hours before it happened. According to a report from Politico Monday, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin warned world leaders around the world to prepare for an imminent “mass casualty event.” Pakistan’s ISIS K ultimately committed the suicide bombing.

The news organization received detailed notes from three classified phone calls. That Wednesday, at about 4:30 PM in Afghanistan, Austin relayed his concerns.

“I don’t believe people get the incredible amount of risk on the ground,” Austin said then.

Later, at about 12:30 AM in Afghanistan, officials talked about the high risk at Abbey Gate. This was the gate Americans were instructed to gather at to enter the airport. They attempted to close it, but their British allies needed it open for the accelerated evacuation of their personnel. Previously, they had been based out of Baron Hotel.

Politico’s source released these notes much earlier, but the Department of Defense prevented them from publishing them any sooner than Monday.

Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby called it an “unlawful disclosure” in a statement. “As soon as we became aware of the material divulged to the reporter, we engaged Politico at the highest levels to prevent the publication of information that would put our troops and our operations at the airport at greater risk,” Kirby said. “We condemn the unlawful disclosure of classified information and oppose the publication of a story based on it while a dangerous operation is ongoing.”

The White House did not comment to Politico.

Since then, two ISIS K targets were killed in a U.S. counterterrorism operation.

Read the full article here.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading

Middle East

Scott Mann says botched Afghanistan withdrawal was a failure on the Afghan government

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 10 12 at 4.29.47 PM

Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Scott Mannn discussed the withdrawal from Afghanistan in depth on the latest episode of The Sara Carter Show. Mann claims that although it was a botched withdrawal, our service members did their best. Instead, the government is to blame for the failure.

“Our Vets led the way when the government failed,” Mann said. “They fought till the last bullet. They fought until the bitter end, even when their president and their generals took bribes and abandoned them.” Therefore, Mann is advocating for immediate visas to these Afghan Special Forces.

Meanwhile, families like Sara Carter’s have stepped up to help Afghans out of the country. “It was the veteran population, for the most part, and the military family population who looked at this and said: ‘Okay, fine, nobody else is coming. I’ll do it.’ And we picked up our cell phones. We started working together to find ways to try to guide and shepherd our Afghan friends to some kind of safety, if not freedom,” Mann said. “We need their help. People like you [Sara Carter] who’ve been on this problem from the very beginning. You know, you’re on a 911 dispatch call, and you’re the dispatcher. You’ve been on the call for a month, and you are the dispatcher that is assisting a family who is being murdered one by one. You’re staying on the line with them as this is occurring. You have no shift relief.”

So Mann is lobbying Congress to write a law, that any Afghan who went through the school of excellence as a commando Afghan Special Forces, should have an immediate visa.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending