The U.S. Department of Defense released its annual sexual harassment and violence at the Military Service Academies report Thursday on incidents reported between 2018-2019. The report found an increase in reports of unwanted sexual contact.

According to the report, there were 149 total incidents between the Academic Program Years of 2018-2019 all three involving a cadet or midshipman as the victim or perpetrator. During the previous year, there were 117 reports.

“We are encouraged that more cadets and midshipmen made reports of sexual assault this year,” said Dr. Nate Galbreath, Acting Director of the DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program.

“Our program empowers those who experience sexual assault to connect with restorative care,” said Galbreath. “Greater reporting by Service members has been a priority for the Department since the creation of the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program in 2005.”

It’s not yet clear if the increase can be attributed to the Pentagon’s initiative to encourage service members to report incidents. Those details will come later with an expected-prevalence survey.

Senator Martha McSally (R-AZ) revealed she was a victim of rape while serving in the U.S. Air Force, during a hearing on Capitol Hill last year. McSally served valiantly as the first female Air Force fighter pilot to fly in combat, but revealed that she considered leaving that all behind because of the system’s failure to hold perpetrators accountable.

“The results of the DoD’s annual report on sexual harassment & violence at our nation’s military academies are unacceptable,” Sen. McSally wrote on Twitter Thursday.

Read the full report below.

DoD Annual Report on Sexual Harassment and Violence by Sara on Scribd