Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip were not the royal family members who raised concerns about how dark their son Archie’s skin might be, talk show host Oprah Winfrey clarified Monday morning after Sunday’s interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Winfrey followed up her exclusive interview with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry with an appearance on CBS This Morning on Monday morning, where she revealed her reaction to the interview and clarified a few points.
Markle revealed Sunday that there were conversations within the royal family surrounding Meghan and Harry’s son Archie’s skin color.
“[Prince Harry] did not share the identity with me but he wanted to make sure that I knew and if I had an opportunity to share it that it was not his grandmother nor his grandfather that were apart of those conversations,” Winfrey said Monday.
“He did not tell me who were apart of those conversations, as you can see I tried to get that answers, on camera and off,” Winfrey added.
Prince Harry also set the facts straight regarding their exit from the royal family.
It had been reported that Prince Harry and Meghan blindsided the Queen with their exit.
“The stories about being blindsided – blindsiding the queen – were very, very damaging to them and also hurtful because they understood very clearly that there had been months and months of preparation before they actually moved to Canada,” Winfrey said.
“The details are very important,” Winfrey noted.
Winfrey went on to quote a statement made by the Queen on Jan. 18 in which she said, “Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family,” Winfrey quoted of the Queen.
“The Queen on Jan. 18 actually said that there had been months of conversation, but in spite of that, there were still all of those stories about blindsiding the Queen,” Winfrey said. “That’s why the details are important.”
Winfrey said the couple was ready to do the interview because they had been “lied about for a series of years.”
Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy
You may like
The Guardian Removes Osama bin Laden’s “Letter to America” Amidst Viral Resurfacing
The Guardian, a left-wing media outlet, has taken down Osama bin Laden’s notorious “Letter to America” from its website this week after the words of the deceased terrorist mastermind, responsible for the attacks on September 11, 2001, gained traction on social media.
The letter, which had been published on The Guardian’s website since 2002, resurfaced online, causing a sudden spike in traffic. Social media users unearthed and shared the anti-American and antisemitic content, propelling the document to viral status. The Guardian, acknowledging the increased circulation without the full context, opted to remove the transcript.
According to reports from Fox News Digital, a spokesperson for The Guardian stated, “The transcript published on our website 20 years ago has been widely shared on social media without the full context. Therefore we have decided to take it down and direct readers to the news article that originally contextualized it instead.” The outlet declined to provide additional comments on the matter.
Osama bin Laden’s letter, translated into English, justified al-Qaeda’s attacks against the U.S. by citing American actions in Palestine. The deceased terrorist accused the U.S. of supporting the creation and continuation of Israel, labeling it one of the “greatest crimes” that must be erased. Bin Laden’s letter also propagated antisemitic tropes, claiming Jews control American policies, media, and the economy.
The 9/11 attacks, orchestrated by al-Qaeda, resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 people and left thousands more injured. The letter’s resurgence occurred as it was shared by social media influencers on platforms like TikTok, with some expressing a change in perspective. Pro-Palestinian activist Lynette Adkins was among those who shared the letter online, prompting discussions and reflections.
The Guardian’s decision to remove the letter from its website underscores the sensitivity surrounding the content and its potential impact, particularly as young individuals across America engage with pro-Palestinian talking points. The episode has sparked debates about the influence of social media in reshaping perceptions and the responsibility of media outlets in disseminating controversial historical documents.
You may like
Nation5 days ago
Group backed by the Islamic Republic of Iran hacked into PA Water Facility
education4 days ago
Calls for Hofstra University President’s Resignation Over Statements on Israel-Hamas Conflict
Nation4 days ago
Elizabeth Warren Acknowledges Unintended Consequences of Obamacare
Nation3 days ago
Political Gambit or Defense Strategy? Hunter Biden’s Aggressive Testimony Plans Stir Democratic Intrigue