New York City Mayor Eric Adams is fighting hard to force toddlers to wear masks. Bluntly stated, “you should keep your masks on your children” Adams said to reporters. Despite suggesting parents should mask their children, Adams’ mandate forces parents to mask their children.
The mask mandate for children in kindergarten through twelfth grade was lifted March 4 when New York governor Kathy Hochul lifted the statewide school mandate. Toddlers ages 2 to 5, however, remained in effect until a Staten Island judge blocked the mandate on Friday.
Adams declared he will appeal the decision. At a press conference, Adams said toddlers should still wear masks because there is not a Covid vaccine available to that age group yet.
Staten Island Supreme Court judge Ralph Porzio sided with the parents who brought the lawsuit against the preschooler mask mandate on March 10. Porzio ruled the mandate is “arbitrary, capricious and unreasonable.” Therefore the requirement “void and unenforceable.”
Although Adams said he will “comply” with the order, he will continue to try to make parents’ rightful decisions for them. “Our plans were to take a week to assess the numbers before removing masks from two to four years old, but of course we’re going to comply with any ruling form the judge.”
“Our legal team is going to put in place an appeal and ask for a stay” he added.
You may like
The Tate Brothers and Associates Face Human Trafficking Charges in Romania
In a recent development, the Tate brothers, Andrew and Tristan, along with two associates, find themselves at the center of a high-profile case involving human trafficking allegations.
The charges leveled against them indicate the formation of an organized criminal group in 2021 with the intent to carry out human trafficking operations not only in Romania but also in the United States and the United Kingdom, according to the BBC.
The investigation, which led to their arrest in December last year, has culminated in an indictment filed with the Bucharest court. According to the indictment, the Tate brothers are accused of luring their victims with false promises of love and marriage. Seven individuals have been identified as alleged victims, who were later coerced and subjected to a harrowing ordeal.
Prosecutors contend that the victims were taken to locations in Ilfov county, Romania, where they faced constant surveillance, intimidation, and control. The defendants allegedly forced the victims into debt and coerced them into participating in pornographic activities, with the explicit material subsequently shared on social media platforms. Shockingly, one of the defendants is accused of raping a woman on two occasions in March 2022, further amplifying the gravity of the charges.
While the trial is not expected to commence immediately, as a Romanian judge is granted 60 days to inspect the case files, it is anticipated to be a protracted legal battle. The complexity of the case and the severity of the charges will undoubtedly result in a lengthy trial process, with several years potentially passing before a verdict is reached.
Representatives for the Tate brothers released a statement acknowledging the unsurprising nature of the news but maintaining their belief in their innocence.
As reported by the BBC, the Tate brothers media team stared, “While this news is undoubtedly predictable, we embrace the opportunity it presents to demonstrate their innocence and vindicate their reputation.”
They expressed their eagerness to present a comprehensive body of evidence meticulously collected over time, which they believe will substantiate their claims of innocence and restore their tarnished reputation.
However, it should be noted that additional charges, such as money laundering and trafficking of minors, are still under investigation. If evidence is uncovered to support these allegations, a separate indictment could be filed, further complicating the legal proceedings for the defendants.
Andrew Tate, who gained notoriety through his participation in the reality television show Big Brother, has a controversial past, having been removed from the show in 2016 following a video that appeared to depict him assaulting a woman.
Despite subsequent bans on social media platforms due to his contentious statements, he has managed to amass a following, particularly among young men, by promoting an ostentatious and hyper-masculine lifestyle.
As the case unfolds, public attention will undoubtedly be drawn to the trial, with many eagerly awaiting the outcome and hoping for justice to be served for the alleged victims. The complex web of charges and the high-profile nature of the defendants ensure that this trial will be closely monitored and scrutinized by the media and the public alike.
Follow Alexander Carter on Twitter @AlexCarterDC for more!
You may like
China5 days ago
Electric Vehicle company with Chinese ties awarded $500 million of taxpayer money for 2nd U.S. plant
War on Drugs2 days ago
Kilo of fentanyl found on children’s mats at Bronx daycare, 4 children overdosed, 1 year old boy dies
War on Drugs3 days ago
Children under 14 dying from fentanyl poisoning at ‘faster rate than any other age group’
Healthcare5 days ago
Nebraska woman who detransitioned sues doctors who facilitated removal of ‘healthy breasts’ when she was a teen battling mental health