We are not out of the ‘follow the science’ pandemic woods just yet. A man in North Carolina was arrested for not wearing a mask. Gregory Hahn reported for jury duty last week and wound up in prison after he refused to put a mask on in court, despite there being no local mask mandates in place.
“I never thought I would show up to jury duty and end up behind bars,” Gregory Hahn told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight.
Not only were there no mandates in place, but Hahn told WRAL there were signs in the courthouse saying no masks were required and that he and 98 other jury candidates “all walked in.”
Apparently one specific judge made the requirement for his personal courtrooms. Clerk of superior court Renee Whittenton told WRAL that Harnett County court judge Charles Gilchrist is the only one that requires a mask.
“You can go in any district courtroom without a mask, you can come into superior clerk court without a mask and the [district attorney’s] office without a mask, but with Judge Gilchrist he has a mandate that you must wear a mask,” Whittenton said.
National Review reported that Whittenton gave the outlet a written statement saying each juror had been told about Gilchrist’s mask requirement at check-in and that each juror was given a mask to wear.
Hahn refused Gilchrist’s order to wear a face covering, and despite not breaking any local masking laws, the judge had him arrested and sent to jail for contempt of court.
“It was the worst 24 hours of my life. I was refused to make a phone call to my minor child who is home,” said Hahn, a U.S. Navy veteran and single father.
He said he asked Gilchrist to excuse him since it was just one day in jail but the judge allegedly replied: “I could, but I’m not going to.”
Hahn said that the “irony of all this is the judge was talking to me without a mask.”
“If safety was such a concern, I go to jail, no mask requirements with inmates,” he said.
You may like
CIA whistleblower: analysts given money to bury covid lab-leak theory
The House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic sent a letter to CIA director William Burns discussing the CIA and a COVID-19 cover-up. The letter asserts that it has knowledge from a whistleblower from the CIA’s “Covid Discovery Team” that was tasked with investigating the origins of the novel coronavirus. “New testimony from a highly credibly whistleblower” alleges that the CIA “rewarded six analysts with significant financial incentives to change their COVID-19 origins conclusion from a lab-leak to zoonosis
Apart from a “lone officer” in the group who believed the virus “originated through zoonosis,” the remaining officials agreed that, on balance of probabilities, the coronavirus was likely the result of a lab-leak.
“According to the whistleblower, at the end of its review, six of the seven members of the Team believed the intelligence and science were sufficient to make a low confidence assessment that Covid-19 originated from a laboratory in Wuhan, China,” the letter reads. “To come to the eventual public determination of uncertainty, the other six members were given a significant monetary incentive to change their position.”
In June, the agency declassified its report that the available evidence on the origins of the coronavirus suggested it “was not genetically engineered.”
New testimony from a highly credible whistleblower alleges @CIA rewarded six analysts with significant financial incentives to change their COVID-19 origins conclusion from a lab-leak to zoonosis. pic.twitter.com/KIemfi2Wgl
— Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic (@COVIDSelect) September 12, 2023
You may like
War on Drugs6 days ago
Kilo of fentanyl found on children’s mats at Bronx daycare, 4 children overdosed, 1 year old boy dies
War on Drugs7 days ago
Children under 14 dying from fentanyl poisoning at ‘faster rate than any other age group’
Elections6 days ago
Eric Clapton Raises $2.2 Million for Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s Presidential Campaign
Podcast5 days ago
Sara’s Urgent Message: We Have A Country to Save & We Can’t Save It Without Your Help