Sara Carter illustrated on Sunday her encounters with unaccompanied migrant children at the U.S.-Mexico border on her recent trips there.
The investigative columnist told Fox News program “The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton” that, based on her interactions at the border, the migrants arriving there as part of the recent surge made the journey because of President Joe Biden’s immigration policy and messaging.
“There’s nothing more heartbreaking than when you run into a group of migrant children,” Carter said during a segment on the program Sunday evening.
“A young girl I ran into was 13 years old, the youngest in the group was four years old, 16-year-old boys, 14-year-old boys—and they traveled over three months, alone, on a journey that was so dangerous,” she recanted. “They said that some of the people they traveled with had actually lost their lives.”
MORE ON THE BORDER: FEMA heading to Southern border to assist with surge of migrant children
Coming from Honduras, the children made the perilous northward trek to the United States, Carter reported, “because they had been told—and they absolutely believe—that Biden had opened the borders for them, that they would not be returned.”
“And frankly, they were right,” the journalist added, then touched on Biden reversing former President Donald Trump‘s immigration policy.
“Biden said in early February that he was ‘eliminating bad policy,’ he was saying he was ‘eliminating’ [former President Donald] Trump’s ‘bad policy,'” Carter told host Steve Hilton. “The message was loud and clear throughout Central America; and the human traffickers, as well as the drug cartels, take advantage of that.”
“And when you have terrible foreign policy and terrible messaging,” she concluded, “that’s what they do—and what we’re seeing now is a result of that.”
MORE OF SARA CARTER: Sara Carter: The border is wide open
You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.
You may like
IG Audit shows nonprofit wasted $17 million taxpayer dollars on hotels to not house illegal foreign nationals
An audit report by the Inspector General shows enraging information as to exactly how millions of dollars from the American people were completely wasted.
One doesn’t need to read past the IG report’s headline to become furious: “ICE Spent Funds on Unused Beds, Missed COVID-19 Protocols and Detention Standards while Housing Migrant Families in Hotels.”
In summary, an unbelievable $17 million was wasted on not housing illegal foreign nationals. At the heart of the story is Endeavors, a nonprofit which has received half a billion dollars in taxpayer money “through no-bid government contracts to house foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. and were released by the Biden administration instead of being deported” reports The Center Square.
The audit evaluated the process used by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to grant no bid contracts to Endeavors and their compliance with federal law, the article explains.
The report evaluated an $86.9 million sole source contract first awarded to Endeavors earlier this year. The contract was awarded for six months to provide “temporary shelter and processing services for families who have not been expelled and are therefore placed in immigration proceedings for their removal from the United States,” The Center Square previously reported.
Months after it received its first no bid contract, Endeavors received a second $530 million contract and hired former Biden administration official Andrew Lorenzen-Straight as its senior director for migrant services and federal affairs, Axios reported.
The Center Square explains:
Sole source contracts are used when an agency can demonstrate the contract meets specific and justified criteria. If contracts don’t meet one of the criteria, they must be awarded through an open competitive process.
Endeavors has no professional history of providing housing services and has never provided beds or all-inclusive emergency family residential services, OIG auditors found. Those critical of DHS’ contract process argue the agency should be awarding contracts through an open competitive process to ensure that those bidding for funds can offer the services they claim they can provide.
Under the contract in question, for six months between March and September 2021, Endeavors was responsible for providing 1,239 beds and other necessary services in hotels. It used six hotels and repurposed them as Emergency Family Reception Sites to accommodate families staying less than three days while ICE considered conditions of release, including alternatives to detention.
The IOG made four recommendations for ICE to improve its contracting and oversight of hotel facility management and operations. “ICE concurred with one recommendation and didn’t concur with three. Based on information ICE provided in its response, the IOG said it considered one recommendation resolved and closed, and three recommendations administratively closed.”
You may like
National Security6 days ago
Whistleblower: FBI manipulating cases to create ‘illusion’ of domestic violent extremism
Podcast5 days ago
Fmr. CIA Station Chief: ‘We’re Under Siege’ on Multiple Fronts
Nation5 days ago
Driver free on bond after he admittedly killed teenager for Conservative views
Immigration7 days ago
Illegal migrants flown to Martha’s Vineyard on ‘voluntary basis’ and ‘signed wavers’ file lawsuit against DeSantis, others