Connect with us

Nation

Melania Trump slams historian, who said her rose garden renovation erased ‘decades of American history’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 08 09 at 11.37.23 AM

[brid autoplay=”true” video=”832654″ player=”23886″ title=”Biden%20Warns%20Cubans%20Against%20Coming%20To%20US%20As%20Migrants%20Flood%20Southern%20Border” duration=”154″ description=”Fox News contributor Sara Carter discusses the president’s immigration policy on ‘Hannity'” uploaddate=”2021-07-24″ thumbnailurl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/thumb/832654_t_1627119345.png” contentUrl=”//cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/18168/sd/832654.mp4″]


By Jenny Goldsberry

A year after then First Lady Melania Trump announced the Rose Garden’s renovation, PBS historian Michael Beschloss is slamming her for “the grim result.”

Trump’s original plan included electrical upgrades, a new walkway and new flowers and shrubs. The plan also replaced crab apple trees with white rose shrubs and added new drainage systems. A new assortment of white “J.F.K.” and pale pink “peace” roses were also planted.

At the time she called the renovation an “act of expressing hope and optimism for the future.”

“Our country has seen difficult times before, but the White House and the Rose Garden have always stood as a symbol of our strength, resilience and continuity,” the First Lady said during the announcement.

However Beschloss was not happy with the results and let his opinion be known on Twitter Sunday.

“Evisceration of White House Rose Garden was completed a year ago this month,” he tweeted. “And here was the grim result—decades of American history made to disappear.”

As a result, the Office of Melania Trump responded on Twitter. They tweeted that Beschloss isn’t a “professional historian.”

“[He] has proven his ignorance by showing a picture of the Rose Garden in its infancy,” the tweet read. “The Rose Garden is graced with a healthy and colorful blossoming of roses. His misleading information is dishonorable and he should never be trusted as a professional historian.”

First to tend the garden was Ellen Axson Wilson, first wife of President Woodrow Wilson. She introduced the rose garden in 1913.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism.

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

Five returned rental cars used by Biden’s Secret Service burst into flames

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 04 at 1.59.43 PM

A bizarre situation involving rental cars used during one of President Joe Biden’s trips has social media and conspiracy theorists busy with speculation.

The day after President Joe Biden left Nantucket for his Thanksgiving holiday, five Hertz rental cars hired by his Secret Service detail burst into flames in the airport parking lot.

The Nantucket Current tweeted out photos and wrote, “The cars were owned by Hertz, and had just been returned by members of the Secret Service who had been using them during President Biden’s visit, sources said.”

A fire “involving multiple rental vehicles recently used by Secret Service agents erupted early Monday morning at Nantucket Memorial Airport,” reported the Current.

According to a statement from Nantucket Memorial Airport, at 5:22 a.m. on Monday, airport staff observed an active fire through the closed circuit TV system in the rental car overflow area. Local fire and police departments responded and contained the fire.

“Something very fishy going on,” one YouTube user commented on the Nantucket Current’s video. “No freakin’ way was this a coincidence. Absolutely no way,” wrote another.

An investigation is underway. The working theory is that the fire started in a Ford Expedition, which was under a safety recall since May due to a faulty battery junction box that has been known to cause underhood fires. The recall affects 66,000 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.

“We believe these vehicle fires can be traced to a circuit board supplier that changed manufacturing locations during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to Ford’s website. “The printed circuit boards produced there are sometimes susceptible to a high-current short.”

“Of the eight fire allegations, six occurred while the vehicle was parked and off, and two occurred while driving,” says the initial March 2022 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the part of the Department of Transportation that investigates car safety issues. Interestingly, the eight vehicles were owned by multiple rental car companies at various locations.

By mid-May, the government had 16 reports of underhood fires in 2021 Expedition and Navigator vehicles. Of those, 14 were rental vehicles and 12 of the fires had occurred while the vehicle was parked with the engine off. Consequently, Ford has advised owners that these vehicles should be parked outdoors and away from buildings.

In an email to Forbes, Hertz confirmed that it was working with the local authorities on their investigation but did not confirm that the Explorer in question had been scheduled for service under the recall.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC