Connect with us

China

McSally, Gaetz Push To Ensure US Taxpayer Funding Of Wuhan Lab Stops

Published

on

A joint letter written by Senator Martha McSally, R-AZ, and Congressman Matt Gaetz, R-FL, was sent to Congressional leaders Tuesday urging them to “ensure funding is cut off” to the Wuhan Virology Institute, which is currently being investigated for potentially being the source of the coronavirus.

“We were troubled by recent media reports that the National Institute of Health (NIH) has been funding secretive and dangerous laboratory research at the WIV for many years,” the two lawmakers wrote. “According to NIH’s website, the WIV is currently authorized by the NIH to receive taxpayer funding for animal research.”

Questions first began to surface after The Washington Post’s Josh Rogin wrote of State Department cables concerning the lab’s inadequate safety procedures and warning of a potential “SARS-like pandemic” stemming from bats, in January 2018, which U.S. Embassy officials in Beijing discovered two years before the coronavirus pandemic began. The lab is a biosafety level 4 facility, which means it conducts experiments on some of the world’s deadliest viruses such as Ebola.

Multiple sources later confirmed to Fox News that the virus likely came from the Wuhan lab and was used “as part of China’s attempt to demonstrate that its efforts to identify and combat viruses are equal to or greater than the capabilities of the United States.” Days later, U.S. officials confirmed to the news site that a “full-scale investigation” into whether the virus leaked from the lab was underway.

The recent letter from Capitol Hill echoes the concerns of the intelligence community. Moreover, McSally and Gaetz are encouraging Congressional action in an attempt to further divest U.S. taxpayer dollars from the Chinese government and their nefarious operations.

They wrote, “We’re sure you agree that taxpayers’ money should not be sent to a dangerous Chinese state-run bio-agent laboratory that lacks meaningful oversight from U.S. authorities and is run by adversaries with a history of lab leaks, including SARS, and deception about the causes and extent of deadly disease outbreaks, including COVID-19. Although President Trump has stated that his administration ‘will end that grant quickly,’ we hope to ensure that WIV will not receive federal funds in any future spending package.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

China

Experts Say United States Vulnerable to ‘Electromagnetic’ Attack by Chinese

Published

on

China

When Joe Biden was trying to convince Americans to vote for him to become the next President back in 2019, he belittled the concept that China is a danger to the U.S. “Come on man, China’s not a threat” said Biden.

Experts, however, continue to show just how wrong Biden has always been. Fox News reports “experts are warning that the United States is vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack from adversaries such as China, and that time is running out to invest in defending the country from it.”

Last week during a virtual forum hosted by the Universal Peace Federation, Peter Vincent Pry, the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, said “that poses a real threat of possibly being able to win a war with a single blow by means of an EMP attack.”

“Moreover…they don’t envision employing an EMP by itself. It would be used in conjunction with cyberattacks and physical sabotage, and non-nuclear EMP” added Pry. Experts also warn that while an EMP attack would be “bloodless” at first, a yearlong blackout could kill roughly 90% of the American population.

Fox News reports:

The U.S. electric grid and other infrastructure – such as communications and transportation systems and water and sewer services – could all be devastated by such an attack, experts like Pry warn, noting that time is of the essence for the U.S. to defend itself.

China already possesses “super EMPs” and last summer tested a new hypersonic glide vehicle that analysts warn could deploy the EMP and cause a long-lasting blackout that would shut down key infrastructure and cripple the military’s ability to communicate.

A Pentagon report on Chinese military capabilities details how China has invested heavily in its EMP program, with a strategy that “emphasizes suppressing, degrading, disrupting or deceiving enemy electronic equipment throughout the continuum of a conflict while protecting its ability to use the cyber and electromagnetic spectrum.”

“The PLA is likely to use electronic warfare early in a conflict as a signaling mechanism to warn and deter adversary offensive action. Potential EW targets include adversary systems operating in radio, radar, microwave, infrared and optical frequency ranges, as well as adversary computer and information systems” adds the report.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending