Connect with us

Nation

McCarthy: Nancy Pelosi Owns New Unemployment Numbers

Published

on

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy

22 million people have filed for unemployment insurance during the coronavirus pandemic and the number is expected to increase in a new jobs report expected Thursday. During an interview with Fox News’ Ed Henry Tuesday, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy argued that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi owns the new numbers because she delayed a deal to extend funding for American workers.

“Thursday, we’ll get the new unemployment numbers,” McCarthy said. “That’s gonna be Pelosi’s unemployment. She did not have to do this. This is a program that worked better than any program we’ve seen. We’ve been able to move in fourteen days, the amount of money the Small Business Administration has been able to move in fourteen years. Think of that, 30 million jobs saved, but how many people got laid off this week simply because Democrats wanted to use leverage to change the direction and the restructuring of government.”

The GOP Leader also confirmed to Henry that Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill had reached a deal to provide additional funding to the Small Business Administration’s Payment Protection Program that ran out of money and stopped distributing small business loans last week.

He added, “We waited two weeks ago we said that this money was gonna run out. Because remember what this is. This is to keep people employed, to keep small businesses able to stay afloat while the government told them they had to shut down. And it has gone out. And if you look at this, we’ve saved 30 million jobs with this program, but there’s 700,000 applications sitting there. Nancy Pelosi has stopped it.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nation

Five returned rental cars used by Biden’s Secret Service burst into flames

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 04 at 1.59.43 PM

A bizarre situation involving rental cars used during one of President Joe Biden’s trips has social media and conspiracy theorists busy with speculation.

The day after President Joe Biden left Nantucket for his Thanksgiving holiday, five Hertz rental cars hired by his Secret Service detail burst into flames in the airport parking lot.

The Nantucket Current tweeted out photos and wrote, “The cars were owned by Hertz, and had just been returned by members of the Secret Service who had been using them during President Biden’s visit, sources said.”

A fire “involving multiple rental vehicles recently used by Secret Service agents erupted early Monday morning at Nantucket Memorial Airport,” reported the Current.

According to a statement from Nantucket Memorial Airport, at 5:22 a.m. on Monday, airport staff observed an active fire through the closed circuit TV system in the rental car overflow area. Local fire and police departments responded and contained the fire.

“Something very fishy going on,” one YouTube user commented on the Nantucket Current’s video. “No freakin’ way was this a coincidence. Absolutely no way,” wrote another.

An investigation is underway. The working theory is that the fire started in a Ford Expedition, which was under a safety recall since May due to a faulty battery junction box that has been known to cause underhood fires. The recall affects 66,000 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.

“We believe these vehicle fires can be traced to a circuit board supplier that changed manufacturing locations during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to Ford’s website. “The printed circuit boards produced there are sometimes susceptible to a high-current short.”

“Of the eight fire allegations, six occurred while the vehicle was parked and off, and two occurred while driving,” says the initial March 2022 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the part of the Department of Transportation that investigates car safety issues. Interestingly, the eight vehicles were owned by multiple rental car companies at various locations.

By mid-May, the government had 16 reports of underhood fires in 2021 Expedition and Navigator vehicles. Of those, 14 were rental vehicles and 12 of the fires had occurred while the vehicle was parked with the engine off. Consequently, Ford has advised owners that these vehicles should be parked outdoors and away from buildings.

In an email to Forbes, Hertz confirmed that it was working with the local authorities on their investigation but did not confirm that the Explorer in question had been scheduled for service under the recall.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC