Connect with us

Uncategorized

Mayor Bowser silent over D.C. weekend violence

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 11 10 at 5.04.49 PM scaled

Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser has been completely silent over a violent weekend in the capital city. The violence began Saturday evening after thousands of Trump supporters marched down Pennsylvania Avenue, demanding that allegations of voter fraud this election be investigated fully. Most of the agitators appeared to be members of anti-fascist and Black Lives Matter groups that advanced on city streets as the sun went down Saturday.

Prior to the march, on Friday, Bowser tweeted from her official account that “Washington, DC is a city that proudly upholds the values of love, inclusivity, and diversity.”

She added that “we will always support each other against any forces of ignorance and bigotry that seek to divide us. Regardless of who comes into our community, this weekend and every weekend, Washingtonians will be #UnitedtoLove.”

Mayor Bowser also retweeted a tweet Friday from her personal public account that read, “Police remind protestors coming to DC this weekend you can not open carry a gun anywhere in Washington DC and even if you have a concealed carry permit FOR DC you still can not carry around the demonstrations area.”

Screen Shot 2020 11 16 at 10.03.20 AM

However, Mayor Bowser has yet to make any official statements after the violence ensued and hasn’t responded to this reporter’s multiple requests for comment. She did not comment on the anti-fascist groups, nor those claiming to be BLM that targeted Trump supporters in her city.

The group of Trump supporters, dubbed the ‘Million MAGA March’, appeared to be peacefully expressing their first amendment rights, according to Sara A. Carter, who spent most of Saturday afternoon reporting the event on social media.

“For the most part, people were frustrated and demanded that the allegations that the election was rigged be investigated,” she said. “After four years of watching the leftist socialists, Democrats, Rhinos and media target President Trump they felt it was their obligation to come and support him at this time.They did so peacefully and it wasn’t until groups that associated themselves with Antifa, BLM and others started targeting Trump supporters did the situation turn for the worst.” 

As the sun went down, counterprotesters took to the streets, including antifascist groups and Black Lives Matter activists. Several reporters were on the scene and documented the violent attacks, most of them appeared to be targeting visible Trump supporters.

Carter added, “I had already left by that time because I was with my family but I thought it was important that I be with some of the 73 million people that supported the president – the most ever that voted for a Republican Party candidate. That says a lot and it was clear that the American people who voted for him were not going to accept these results without a fight.” 

Here are some videos of the violent exchanges that occurred Saturday night:

This story will be updated if and when Mayor Bowser responds to our request for comment.

You can follow Jennie S. Taer on Twitter @JennieSTaer

You may like

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Daily Wire investigation: Italian company may have illegally sold rights to the Vatican’s priceless art

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 15 at 9.20.11 AM

The Daily Wire has been conducting a fascinating investigation into the Vatican Museum’s priceless artwork. “Rights to the Vatican Museums’ priceless trove of art treasures may have been illegally sold without the Holy See’s approval in what one attorney described as a “high-tech heist,” the investigation finds.

An Italian company is allegedly selling the rights to reproduce the Vatican artwork in six-figure deals, while claiming to be working in “collaboration with” the Vatican Museums.

“This scheme is nothing less than a pre-meditated, high-tech heist of world-class treasured art from the Vatican Museums under the disguise of bogus licenses, as if sanctioned by the Vatican,” Sarah Rose Speno, a New York attorney, told The Daily Wire.

The Daily Wire’s report notes that Speno said she stumbled upon the alleged scheme in March when she sought permission to use images of Vatican art for an exhibition by a client.

“We discovered that a large table book had been published with high-resolution images of the interiors of the Vatican, including the Sistine Chapel,” Speno said. “We very much wanted to pursue an opportunity to license these images, as soon as possible.”

Speno contacted Scripta Maneant — the Italian publisher that licensed the photos in the book. Scripta Maneant claimed authority to broker the publishing rights via its “collaboration” with Vatican Museums vice director, Monsignore Paolo Nicolini. Scripta Maneant wanted $550,000 for the rights — with a portion being paid to the Vatican through Nicolini, according to Speno. Although Scripta Maneant claimed the fee would be shared with the Vatican, Speno said she later became suspicious.

“The Scripta Maneant scheme became obvious when the Scripta principals demanded a cash wire in the amount of $82,500 no later than their return from summer holiday in late August,” Speno said. “They said that they would produce Vatican approval for our Italian Renaissance Immersive project ‘if and only if’ the fee were wired to the Scripta bank account they provided. It was at this point that grave suspicion entered my mind.”

Ultimately, Speno said, “we terminated the deal when Scripta could not provide us with documented consent by the Vatican.”

Continue Reading: Daily Wire

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement
-->

Trending Now

Advertisement
-->

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC