Paul Manafort slammed The Guardian’s report Tuesday, which suggested he met with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in 2016 around the same time he joined the Trump campaign as chairman.

Manafort was convicted earlier this year on multiple accounts of financial fraud connected to his work as a political consultant in Ukraine.

“This story is totally false and deliberately libelous,” said Manafort in a statement through his attorneys. “I have never met Julian Assange or anyone connected to him. I have never been contacted by anyone connected to Wikileaks, either directly or indirectly.”

Manafort added that he has “never reached out to Assange or Wikileaks on any matter. We are considering all legal options against the Guardian who proceeded with this story even after being notified by my representatives that it was false.”

The Guardian story published early Tuesday morning accused Manafort of meeting with Assange multiple times before the presidential election. The news agency, which originally attributed the information to “two unnamed sources” and later changed to “sources”, said that Manafort met Assange in 2013, 2015 and then in the spring of 2016. According to the paper the two men reportedly met inside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where Assange has been living under his claimed asylum.

Assange, through a WikiLeaks statement, has also vehemently denied the accusations and said they are also going to seek legal action against the news agency. WikiLeaks has set up a GoFund me account for lawyers fees.

Sponsored Links