In the wake of several scandals rocking the infamous, and now failing, Lincoln Project, reports are surfacing of the organizations that contributed major donations to the group. And those that donated are facing backlash.
The National Pulse reports that the major donors show a list of left-leaning groups, despite the group’s claims that it represents a disenfranchised Republican base.
Hollywood figures, hedge fund managers, Mitt Romney’s firm Bain Capital, and other questionable sources make up the group’s largest donors.
“The list also includes Michael Moritz, a partner at the venture capital firm Sequoia, who donated a sizable sum in three donations in May, June, and July of 2020: one worth $50,000 and two worth $25,000,” the Pulse reports.
See the full list of donors and reporting on the China connections here.
The news comes after reports broke that the FBI is investigating allegations against Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver.
Meghan McCain, the co-host of the The View and daughter of former U.S. Senator John McCain, said in a Tweet that “John Weaver and Steve Schmidt were so despised by my Dad he made it a point to ban them from his funeral.”
“Since 2008, no McCain would have spit on them if they were on fire,” she added.
Weaver was accused by at least 21 men last week for sending inappropriate messages and in some instances offering political and employment opportunities for sexual favors.
“John Weaver led a secret life that was built on a foundation of deception at every level,” the prominent never-Trump organization said in a statement last week. “He is a predator, a liar, and an abuser. We extend our deepest sympathies to those who were targeted by his deplorable and predatory behavior.”
You can follow Ben Wilson on Twitter @BenDavisWilson
You may like
Judge orders Biden’s DHS to release files on agents accused of censoring election ‘misinformation’
Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry made headway in countering federal agents involved in suppressing what liberal tech labeled “misinformation” on social media.
The Attorneys General moved to release testimony from five Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) employees after learning of their participation in the Biden administration’s counter-“disinformation” efforts. On Wednesday, a Louisiana judge ordered the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to release the files.
The lawsuit alleges that the defendants, which include the named individuals as well as President Joe Biden and top officials from a variety of federal agencies, “colluded and/or coerced social media companies to suppress disfavored speakers, viewpoints, and content on social media platforms by labeling the content “dis-information,” “mis-information,” and “mal-formation.”
The Daily Caller reports that the five CISA employees allegedly served as a “switchboard” to route requests from federal agencies to censor disinformation to various social media companies, according to the documents.
Switchboard work employed “an audit official to identify something on social media they deemed to be disinformation aimed at their jurisdiction,” top CISA election security agent Brian Skully testified in a deposition released Thursday.
“They couldforward that to CISA and CISA would share that with the appropriate social mediacompanies.”
UPDATE: The judge granted our motion to compel. CISA has 14 days to comply. https://t.co/2bhwQQJTG6
— AG Jeff Landry (@AGJeffLandry) January 25, 2023
You may like
Featured5 days ago
REPORT: Exorcists called to drive out demons from Nancy Pelosi’s home
Immigration3 days ago
NYC Mayor turning cruise ship terminal into migrant shelter, ‘our city is at its breaking point’
Environment4 days ago
Major border town on ‘brink of collapse’ as migrants ruin agriculture, overrun hospitals and resources
Elections3 days ago
Former FBI official investigating Trump indicted on charges of working for Russian Oligarch he was investigating