Lacy Johnson: It’s time to ‘bridge the gap’ between our differences in Minnesota
The Republican candidate running against Rep. Ilhan Omar in Minnesota, Lacy Johnson, wants to repair the divisiveness in the country by restoring American values back to Minnesota’s fifth congressional district, he said in an interview with “The Sara Carter Show” on Monday.
“We’re trying to bridge the gap between the different components in the community, and we’re trying to do it at the grassroots level because, let’s face it, once you get into the high levels of politics, sowing division, this part of the game plan, dealing with a group identity and put one group against another, it’s part of the game plan. And so that’s why you need people live out here like me, whose main issue is to make people’s lives better no matter what group you’re in that were out for the good of this country,” Johnson told Carter.
Johnson has been endorsed by President Donald Trump for Congress. He told Carter it won’t be easy to win over his district, but as he’s learned from the lessons in his own life: If he puts in the work, there is hope for his community.
“We all for the good of my district, we’re out for the good of the state so we can do it. But it’s a lot of hard work,” Johnson added. “Once again, it is gonna be a tough task, but I have faith in the American people. If we have the grassroots enough information for them to make the decision that they will be able to do that. And we will be a achieve this, But it’s gonna be tough.”
Minneapolis has been a center point for nationwide riots that erupted in the wake of the death of George Floyd. Floyd tragically died in the custody of Minneapolis police officers several weeks ago after a white police officer kneeled on his neck for more than 8 minutes. Since then, violence and looting sprees have wreaked havoc for weeks on local businesses and residences causing hundreds of millions of dollars in damage.
You may like
BREAKING: Federal Indictment of Trump in Classified Documents Probe has been Unsealed
Former President and current Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, has been indicted and is facing 37 counts in connection with his alleged mishandling of classified documents. The 49-page document was unsealed Friday.
The indictment contains charges of the following: Willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and making false statements and representations.
Trump announced the indictment Thursday night on Truth Social, his social media platform:
“The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax, even though Joe Biden has 1850 Boxes at the University of Delaware, additional Boxes in Chinatown, D.C., with even more Boxes at the University of Pennsylvania, and documents strewn all over his garage floor where he parks his Corvette, and which is ‘secured’ by only a garage door that is paper thin, and open much of the time.”
Trump declared himself an “INNOCENT MAN” and the subject of the “Greatest Witch Hunt of all time.” The Biden administration, he claimed, is ‘TOTALLY CORRUPT.”
The former president has argued that all the documents in question were declassified when he left the White House. “You’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified, even by thinking about it,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity in an interview last year.
Trump was on to Biden's deep corruption re Ukraine and wanted it investigated, so they impeached him.
Now that many of Biden's crimes are being exposed, naturally they're going to indict Trump again.
— Monica Crowley (@MonicaCrowley) June 8, 2023
You may like
Economy4 days ago
New York City Mayor Eric Adams Proposes Housing Asylum Seekers in Private Homes
Economy4 days ago
Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’
Immigration3 days ago
Biden Administration to allow 40,000 asylum-seekers per month into US with mobile app
International3 days ago
Saudi Arabia-Israel Deal Remains Biden’s Win to Lose