Connect with us

Immigration

Kevin McCarthy requests Kamala Harris attend FBI-CIA terror briefing: ‘I know she hasn’t been to the border’

Published

on

Kevin McCarthy

Two weeks ago, President Joe Biden announced Vice President Kamala Harris would lead the administration’s diplomatic efforts to address the root cause of the illegal immigration surge in the U.S.

Since assuming her new role, Harris has yet to hold a single press conference or travel to the border.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has requested a classified briefing from the FBI and CIA after federal authorities revealed Monday that two Yemeni men on the FBI’s terror watch list were allegedly caught crossing the U.S.-Mexico border. This was the second time the men were caught near the border.

McCarthy has asked Harris to attend the briefing.

“I know she hasn’t been to the border,” McCarthy told Fox News. “I don’t know if she’s ever been briefed on this, but I think it’d be important that all the leaders, because this isn’t about Republican or Democrat, this is about the security of our nation. And everybody should be making sure our nation is secure.”

In addition to Harris, McCarthy has also requested the briefing be shared with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

“We’ve got data that’s showing more than a thousand people come across every day that don’t even get encountered. So this is a real concern,” he said.

Sara Carter, who has been reporting from the border, called these people “got-aways” and said there’s a “big concern” that some of these immigrants entering the U.S. could be terrorists.

“Those are got-aways, those are people that they cannot identify, people that they have not traced, people that disappear into our country without any identity whatsoever,” Carter explained. “There’s a big concern among intelligence officials that some of those people could be terrorists.”

“So we know people on the terrorist watch list are coming into America,” McCarthy said. “How are they coming in? How many do we assume got through that we did not catch? Why were they on the watch list? What were they doing coming into the country? Do we have any intel based upon what did they have planned once they entered into the country? Who were they going to meet up with?”

“Who have we not caught that are now inside the country?” McCarthy asked.

V.P. Harris and President Biden have yet to make any plans to travel to the southern border.

Follow Annaliese Levy on Twitter @AnnalieseLevy

You may like

Continue Reading

Immigration

IG Audit shows nonprofit wasted $17 million taxpayer dollars on hotels to not house illegal foreign nationals

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 08 10 at 11.34.49 PM

An audit report by the Inspector General shows enraging information as to exactly how millions of dollars from the American people were completely wasted.

One doesn’t need to read past the IG report’s headline to become furious: “ICE Spent Funds on Unused Beds, Missed COVID-19 Protocols and Detention Standards while Housing Migrant Families in Hotels.”

In summary, an unbelievable $17 million was wasted on not housing illegal foreign nationals. At the heart of the story is Endeavors, a nonprofit which has received half a billion dollars in taxpayer money “through no-bid government contracts to house foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. and were released by the Biden administration instead of being deported” reports The Center Square.

The audit evaluated the process used by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to grant no bid contracts to Endeavors and their compliance with federal law, the article explains.

The report evaluated an $86.9 million sole source contract first awarded to Endeavors earlier this year. The contract was awarded for six months to provide “temporary shelter and processing services for families who have not been expelled and are therefore placed in immigration proceedings for their removal from the United States,” The Center Square previously reported.

Months after it received its first no bid contract, Endeavors received a second $530 million contract and hired former Biden administration official Andrew Lorenzen-Straight as its senior director for migrant services and federal affairs, Axios reported.

The Center Square explains:

Sole source contracts are used when an agency can demonstrate the contract meets specific and justified criteria. If contracts don’t meet one of the criteria, they must be awarded through an open competitive process.

Endeavors has no professional history of providing housing services and has never provided beds or all-inclusive emergency family residential services, OIG auditors found. Those critical of DHS’ contract process argue the agency should be awarding contracts through an open competitive process to ensure that those bidding for funds can offer the services they claim they can provide.

Under the contract in question, for six months between March and September 2021, Endeavors was responsible for providing 1,239 beds and other necessary services in hotels. It used six hotels and repurposed them as Emergency Family Reception Sites to accommodate families staying less than three days while ICE considered conditions of release, including alternatives to detention.

The IOG made four recommendations for ICE to improve its contracting and oversight of hotel facility management and operations. “ICE concurred with one recommendation and didn’t concur with three. Based on information ICE provided in its response, the IOG said it considered one recommendation resolved and closed, and three recommendations administratively closed.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC