Connect with us

Nation

Karl Rove says he’s known of Lincoln Project co-founder’s behavior ‘since 1988’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 02 01 at 4.11.50 PM scaled

In the wake of Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver being accused by 21 men of sending them inappropriate, sexual messages, Karl Rove said Monday that he has known about Weaver’s behavior “since 1988.”

MORE ON JOHN WEAVER: Lincoln Project co-founder John Weaver accused by 21 men of sending inappropriate messages

Rove, a deputy White House chief of staff under former President George W. Bush, made the remark when prompted by Fox News host Martha McCallum about a 2004 Atlantic article in which writer Joshua Green mentioned that Rove reportedly spread a rumor that Weaver had “made a pass” at a young man at a state GOP event.

“I’ve actually known about this pattern of behavior since 1988,” Rove said, who’s also a Fox News contributor.

“All I want to say is the 21 statements from those 21 young men who talked about how they had been approached by Mr. Weaver—that statement speaks for itself,” Rove continued, also saying that he would be adding nothing further about the situation, which he called a “sad, sad chapter.”

In that 2004 article, The Atlantic dismissed Rove’s accusations as a “lie,” John Levine of The New York Post pointed out on Sunday.

“John Weaver led a secret life that was built on a foundation of deception at every level,” the Lincoln Project said in a statement Sunday. “He is a predator, a liar, and an abuser. We extend our deepest sympathies to those who were targeted by his deplorable and predatory behavior.”

You can follow Douglas Braff on Twitter @Douglas_P_Braff.

You may like

Continue Reading

Immigration

ICE arrests over 130 illegal migrant sex offenders

Published

on

Police ICE

Just The News put together a terrifying report on the announcement by officers with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Operations. Data released Monday unearthed that the agency arrested more than 130 sex offenders illegally present in the United States in a nationwide campaign.

From Oct. 22 through Nov. 4, law enforcement arrested 138 noncitizens, “including some with an executable final order of removal,” ICE wrote in a statement about the operation.

“Many of those arrested were described as citizens of Mexico who were convicted of child sex crimes. Offenders’ published ages ranged from 24 to 65″ adds Just The News.

“These sex offenders will be removed from the U.S., ending and impeding their ability to further victimize residents,” said Salt Lake City ICE official Michael Bernacke.

Five noncitizen sex offenders were apprehended in the Salt Lake City area, 21 were arrested in the Los Angeles area, five in the Seattle area and 15 in the San Francisco area.

ICE’s removal office conducted 3,415 arrests of noncitizens for sexual assaults last fiscal year, authorities said.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC