Months since Twitter banned their account, Project Veritas CEO James O’Keefe is confident about his suit against CNN alleging defamation. O’Keefe claims that CNN maliciously made false allegations that damaged their reputation.
Project Veritas publicized secretly recorded video of CNN technical director Charlie Chester and published highly edited clips. O’Keefe appeared on “Fox News Primetime” to say that he is confident that his company will win the lawsuit.
“Twitter banned us for reporting what [Chester] said. But, I don’t think we can lose if we fight back, go on offense, and have the courage to stay on offense — so we sued New York Times, we are suing CNN. We are suing Twitter and we just launched a new initiative to represent other people to sue for defamation.”
In O’Keefe’s suit, he is claiming CNN host Ana Cabrera acted maliciously when she claimed, on Brian Stetler’s program, that the organization was banned for “misinformation.” She knew that wasn’t the reason for the ban, because previously, she’d tweeted the actual reason.
“There is this oligarchy there – a connection – and we’re going to get past motion to dismiss in the CNN lawsuit — and depose Ana Cabrera and Brian Stelter at CNN,” O’Keefe told host Pete Hegseth.
CNN couldn’t be immediately reached for comment.
You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism
You may like
Uvalde, TX Mayor Calls Beto O’Rourke a ‘Sick Son of a B****’ After he Heckled Gov. Abbott’s Presser
The vile act of politicizing horrific tragedies such as the Uvalde, Texas elementary school massacre, has been in full force. Democrat Beto O’Rourke “was escorted out of Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s press conference Wednesday after he showed up and heckled the governor in the middle of an update on the elementary school massacre in Uvalde” reports The Blaze.
Beto is a former congressman from El Paso, Texas as well as a Democratic presidential nominee briefly for the 2020 elections. During his time, he campaigned hard on his support for a mandatory gun buyback scheme.
The Blaze reported on Beto’s behavior at Abbott’s press conference:
As Abbott was finishing his remarks to reporters, O’Rourke, the Democratic candidate for governor, stood up and began speaking about the need for gun control legislation.
“Excuse me,” Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said as O’Rourke ignored him and went on about how “the time has come to put a stop” to gun violence. O’Rourke did not have a microphone, and most of his comments were inaudible.
“Sit down!” shouted Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) as the Democrat kept speaking.
“You’re out of line and an embarrassment!” Patrick told O’Rourke, while others began raising their voices.
“You are doing nothing!” O’Rourke yelled at Abbott as police officers began to march him out of the room.
“You need to get his a** out of here, this isn’t the place to talk this over,” said Uvalde Mayor Don Mclaughlin, calling O’Rourke a “sick son of a b****.”
You may like
Politics2 days ago
Top CA Democratic Party Leader Resigns Amid Corruption Probe
Elections6 days ago
BREAKING: Clinton herself ‘agreed’ to leak Trump-Russia allegations to press
Politics6 days ago
NBC News finally reports: ‘Hunter Biden hard drives shows firm took in $11 million…spent it fast’
Podcast6 days ago
Texas Border Rancher: Many People Crossing Are Not Workers, They’re Criminals