Connect with us

Nation

James O’Keefe Sues The FBI For Labeling Him A Convicted Felon, Barring Him From Buying Firearms

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 08 06 at 2.33.36 PM

Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe took to Twitter to explain a new lawsuit he is filing against the Federal Bureau of Investigation. For unknown reasons, O’Keefe is labeled as a convicted felon in the NCIS database, thus preventing him from purchasing firearms — he is not, however, a convicted felon.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1291389639304118273?s=20

O’Keefe shared a video montage of him going to various gun stores in New York to purchase a gun. Everything goes smoothly until the gun broker runs his information through the NCIS — he is immediately denied every single time.

One of the videos shows an owner saying the FBI check came back with no reason for the denial — the employee also told O’Keefe this is not common.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1291445423752851473?s=20

“You’re an American citizen. You haven’t done nothing wrong. And now all of a sudden they’re shoving a polo stick up your ass,” one person said of his situation in the video.

The Project Veritas founder is not a convicted felon and there is no explanation for his placement as a felon — or as one owner said “the FBI has you on some list.” O’Keefe has received a misdemeanor for one count of illegally entering government property under false pretenses, but never a felony.

A clear violation of his second amendment rights, O’Keefe has filed suit against the federal agency for the illegal classification.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1291400862024204288?s=20

“I have been DENIED my Constitutional right to bear arms. The @FBI has erroneously put me on the NICS Background Check System as a convicted felon,” O’Keefe tweeted.

You may like

Continue Reading

Nation

Five returned rental cars used by Biden’s Secret Service burst into flames

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 12 04 at 1.59.43 PM

A bizarre situation involving rental cars used during one of President Joe Biden’s trips has social media and conspiracy theorists busy with speculation.

The day after President Joe Biden left Nantucket for his Thanksgiving holiday, five Hertz rental cars hired by his Secret Service detail burst into flames in the airport parking lot.

The Nantucket Current tweeted out photos and wrote, “The cars were owned by Hertz, and had just been returned by members of the Secret Service who had been using them during President Biden’s visit, sources said.”

A fire “involving multiple rental vehicles recently used by Secret Service agents erupted early Monday morning at Nantucket Memorial Airport,” reported the Current.

According to a statement from Nantucket Memorial Airport, at 5:22 a.m. on Monday, airport staff observed an active fire through the closed circuit TV system in the rental car overflow area. Local fire and police departments responded and contained the fire.

“Something very fishy going on,” one YouTube user commented on the Nantucket Current’s video. “No freakin’ way was this a coincidence. Absolutely no way,” wrote another.

An investigation is underway. The working theory is that the fire started in a Ford Expedition, which was under a safety recall since May due to a faulty battery junction box that has been known to cause underhood fires. The recall affects 66,000 Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators manufactured between December 2020 and April 2021.

“We believe these vehicle fires can be traced to a circuit board supplier that changed manufacturing locations during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic,” according to Ford’s website. “The printed circuit boards produced there are sometimes susceptible to a high-current short.”

“Of the eight fire allegations, six occurred while the vehicle was parked and off, and two occurred while driving,” says the initial March 2022 report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the part of the Department of Transportation that investigates car safety issues. Interestingly, the eight vehicles were owned by multiple rental car companies at various locations.

By mid-May, the government had 16 reports of underhood fires in 2021 Expedition and Navigator vehicles. Of those, 14 were rental vehicles and 12 of the fires had occurred while the vehicle was parked with the engine off. Consequently, Ford has advised owners that these vehicles should be parked outdoors and away from buildings.

In an email to Forbes, Hertz confirmed that it was working with the local authorities on their investigation but did not confirm that the Explorer in question had been scheduled for service under the recall.

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC