Connect with us

Elections

Increasing number of GOP lawmakers to contest Electoral College vote

Published

on

Screen Shot 2020 12 23 at 4.47.04 PM

President Donald Trump reportedly met on Monday with several House Republicans to discuss a plan to contest President-elect Joe Biden’s Electoral College votes as they are certified in Congress Jan. 6. Since then, a number of GOP lawmakers have pledged to contest the results.

Biden is expected to be declared the winner, despite claims of widespread election fraud.

In order to successfully contest the election results, both the House and the Senate need to agree to reject electors, which is unlikely since the House is controlled by Democrats and several Senate Republicans have recognized Biden as the presidential winner.

Trump has continued to support the effort to contest the results, and is joined by many lawmakers.

Texas Rep. Brian Babin said on Twitter Monday that he will object to the results if Congress does not look into the voter fraud allegations. Babin also wrote a letter, signed by 20 Republicans, to congressional leadership demanding action.

“Confidence in our elections must be restored. If Congress doesn’t act, on Jan 6 I’ll object to the electoral college vote submissions on the House floor on behalf of the millions of Americans, myself included, who don’t trust the validity of this election,” Babin wrote.

North Carolina Rep. Ted Budd echoed Babin’s statement, tweeting that he also plans on objecting the results.

Congressman-elect Madison Cawthorn, NC, told a group of young activists this week that he will contest the election “based on constitutional violations by key states.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has urged Republicans not to object during Congress’s count and certification of the Electoral votes, saying it would put fellow GOP senators in a bad position.

Members of GOP leadership warn that the objection will only result in delaying the inevitable outcome.

You may like

Continue Reading

Economy

Biden’s 60 Minutes Interview Horrifies White House: ‘Does NOT Reflect the OFFICIAL Position’

Published

on

Screen Shot 2022 09 19 at 2.41.05 PM

Uh oh. Someone let President Joe Biden speak by himself again and damage control immediately ensued. President Joe Biden’s “60 Minutes” interview which aired on CBS Sunday was 60 minutes of pure torture for viewers and 60 minutes of pure angst for the White House; everyone but the president himself.

60 Minutes’ official Twitter account publicly called out the President’s answers with an embarrassing statement that his own administration was in disagreement with him:

“President Biden tells 60 Minutes that U.S. men and women would defend Taiwan in the vent of a Chinese invasion. However, after our interview, a White House official told us that U.S. policy on Taiwan has not changed.”

CBS’ Scott Pelley also discussed inflation; an issue drastically affecting the welfare and wellbeing of families. Biden deflected with zero sympathy:

As for President Biden’s son Joe, he is sticking with the narrative that Hunter is the “smartest” person he knows and that “there’s not a single thing that I’ve observed at all that would affect me or the United States relative to my son Hunter.”

Biden also said that while the “proof of the pudding is in the eating” in response to being asked if he is fit to be President, Biden did not commit to saying whether or not he will run for re-election. His “intention” is to run again, “but that’s just intention” he said. “Is it a firm decision that I run again? That remains to be seen.”

 

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC