Connect with us

Immigration

IG reportedly investigating $600+million no-bid contract with ties to former Biden staffer

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 04 27 at 3.00.48 PM

The office of Department of Homeland Security Inspector General Joseph V. Cuffari is allegedly investigating recent contracts made by Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Human Health Services. Endeavors Inc. recently signed two contracts to help the two departments house migrants.

Previously, all ICE revealed was that it was an $86.9 million deal that would provide 1,200 beds for families. These families spend less than 72 hours in these hotels at a time. HHS also has a contract with Endeavors Inc. for about $530 million.

In a series of letters, Republican lawmakers earlier demanded to know exactly which hotels are housing these families, including the meals and rooms provided to them. They also called for a full accounting of all expenses and all communications between the parties involved.

This contract is suspicious for several reasons, the members claimed. Among them, Endeavors hired a former ICE official and Biden-Harris transition team advisor as its senior director for migrant services and federal affairs right after the contract was finalized. It was also a no-bid contract. The three organizations had until May 27th to hand it all over. Now, according to sources at Fox News, the IG is investigating it himself.

You can follow Jenny Goldsberry on Twitter @jennyjournalism

You may like

Continue Reading

Immigration

DHS Secretary Mayorkas Says We Cannot Remove ‘11 Million Undocumented Individuals’ Unlawfully in U.S.

Published

on

Mayorkas
DHS Secretary Mayorkas

Troubling details were unearthed during the questioning of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas by the Senate Judiciary Committee ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-IA). Grassley asked Mayorkas about a DHS memo from September 30 which reads: “The fact an individual is a removable noncitizen will not alone be the basis of an enforcement action against them.”

“Does that reasoning apply to the [1.2] million illegal immigrants who have received due process and been given a final order of removal by an immigration judge?” Grassley asked Mayorkas.

“We cannot remove 1.2 million individuals, nor can we remove more than 11 million undocumented individuals, individuals who are unlawfully present in the United States, who might not have final orders of removal” Mayorkas answered.

Mayorkas also stated that he had issued the due process policy after drawing on “tremendous experience not only as a member of the Department of Homeland Security but as a federal prosecutor.”

Grassley pressed Mayorkas, asking, “should any of them be removed?”

“Of course,” Mayorkas said. “I do believe that individuals who pose a public safety threat, who pose a national security threat, who pose a border security threat, should be removed, and we should be smart and effective in our use of resources, and we should focus on the well-being of our communities and prioritize individuals for removal.”

In his opening statements, Grassley addressed Mayorkas and stated, “When you allow the ACLU and open-borders immigration activists rather than career law enforcement professionals to dictate the terms of your immigration and border policies, then you shouldn’t be surprised when record-shattering numbers of people start showing up at the border to take advantage of that.”

Grassley continued, “When you run DHS like it’s an ‘Abolish ICE’ fan club, you shouldn’t be surprised when you have an illegal immigration crisis on your hands.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Subscribe To Sara's Newsletter

Subscribe To Sara's Newsletter

Join Sara's mailing list to receive the latest stories as soon as they're available!

You have Successfully Subscribed!