President Joe Biden merely mentioned security when he briefly passed over immigration and our southern border during his State of the Union Address. “If we are to advance liberty and justice, we need to secure the Border and fix the immigration system. We can do both.”
The House Republican website, GOP.gov, wrote “Border security is national security, and under President Biden, we have neither.” Biden “failed to mention the historic order crisis that his administration created” in his SOTU address. Therefore, the House Republicans put together “Biden’s border crisis by the numbers.”
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- According to new Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) data there were 153,941 migrant encounters at our southern border in January.
- That is a 96% increase from the previous year.
- This was the second worst January on record.
- Of the 153,941 illegal immigrants encountered at the border, the Biden administration released 62,573 into the United States.
- This new data comes at a time when ICE deportations are down 70%from 2020, the fewest number of deportations in 5 years.
- This equates to an average of just 100 deportations a day, even as border patrol agents encountered up to 7,000 illegal immigrants daily.
- Since Biden took office over 2 MILLION illegal immigrants have been apprehended at our southern border.
- In FY21, 11,201 pounds of fentanyl were seized by Customs and Border Protection, which is enough to kill every American nearly seven times over.
- Border officials have estimated that nearly 400,000 illegal immigrantshave escaped into the U.S. without being caught under Biden.
- Out of 104,171 migrants issued Notices to Report by ICE between the end of March and the end of August 2021, 47,705 failed to report within that time frame.
- There were 10,763 arrests of migrants with criminal convictions in FY 2021, up from 2,438 in FY 2020 and 4,269 in FY 2019.
IT’S SIMPLE: Instead of securing our southern border, Biden doubled down on his failed open-border policies.
You may like
Congressman Biggs to Unveil Impeachment Articles Against DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas
On Wednesday afternoon, Congressman Andy Biggs (R-AZ) will unveil his 118th Congress impeachment articles against Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. Biggs, along with dozens of Republican congressional members, will hold a press conference at The House Triangle in the United States Capitol.
At least 15 members of Congress will provide remarks advocating for the impeachment of Secretary Mayorkas. Congressman Biggs was the first member of Congress to introduce articles of impeachment against Mayorkas, as early as August 2021.
The escalating border crisis during the Biden administration has led Biggs and other members to conclude Mayorkas’ “dereliction of duty in protecting our nation’s borders constituted high crimes and misdemeanors.”
In late December, The Washington Examiner reported on Biggs’ cited three examples of how he said Mayorkas broke the law.
“First, Secretary Mayorkas has failed to maintain operational control of the border as required under the law,” he said, quoting the Secure Fence Act of 2006’s definition of operational control as “the prevention of all unlawful entries into the United States, including entries by terrorists, other unlawful aliens, instruments of terrorism, narcotics, and other contraband.”
He added: “Second, he may have lied to Congress when he testified that he was maintaining operational control of the border.
The third illegal action, Biggs said, was how Mayorkas had not detained illegal immigrants and instead released more than 1 million people into the U.S.
“The law is clear illegal aliens shall be detained,” Biggs said.
You may like
Politics5 days ago
‘Coordinated effort’ to hide Hunter Biden information: Treasury denies request for reports
Elections5 days ago
Judge orders Biden’s DHS to release files on agents accused of censoring election ‘misinformation’
Immigration2 days ago
Migrants refuse to go to Brooklyn cruise terminal shelter, return to Manhattan hotel
Immigration1 day ago
Texas Governor hires ‘border czar’ to accelerate wall construction