Hogan Gidley Says Gov. Cuomo’s ‘Reckless’ COVID Nursing Home Order Defied Fed. Guidance
President Donald Trump’s Deputy Assistant & Principal Deputy Press Secretary Hogan Gidley slammed New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for ‘ridiculously’ blaming the federal government for the thousands of COVID-19 nursing home deaths in his state, in a statement Tuesday.
Gidley is expected to soon leave his role at the White House to take the role of the National Press Secretary for Trump’s reelection campaign, according to reports.
My statement regarding Governor Cuomo’s ridiculous comments attempting to shift blame and erase his direct responsibility for so many precious lives lost in New York: pic.twitter.com/UGgqeNeRlp
— Hogan Gidley 45 Archived (@hogangidley45) June 23, 2020
“Governor Cuomo alone is to blame for refusing to shut down New York and forcing seniors who tested positive for Coronavirus back into his state’s nursing homes,” Gidley said in his statement posted to Twitter.
He added, “His reckless response did not follow CMS and CDC guidelines devastating the senior population-and no amount of revisionist history can erase Governor Cuomo’s grossly incompetent decisions or the fact that President Trump’s bold, aggressive actions saved millions of lives.”
"Republicans…are playing politics."@NYGovCuomo doesn't take responsibility for New York's nursing home deaths.
He blames the federal response and calls the Congressional investigation a "political charade." pic.twitter.com/glKFU3lodz
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 22, 2020
Governor Cuomo defied early directives from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to protect the elderly by forcing nursing homes to admit recovering COVID-19 patients. Later, the order was mysteriously deleted from the New York State Department of Health’s website, according to The Daily Caller’s Peter Hasson.
Cuomo, however, says he’s not to blame for the deaths and continues to instead blame the Federal government.
You may like
BREAKING: Federal Indictment of Trump in Classified Documents Probe has been Unsealed
Former President and current Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump, has been indicted and is facing 37 counts in connection with his alleged mishandling of classified documents. The 49-page document was unsealed Friday.
The indictment contains charges of the following: Willful retention of national defense information, conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and making false statements and representations.
Trump announced the indictment Thursday night on Truth Social, his social media platform:
“The corrupt Biden Administration has informed my attorneys that I have been Indicted, seemingly over the Boxes Hoax, even though Joe Biden has 1850 Boxes at the University of Delaware, additional Boxes in Chinatown, D.C., with even more Boxes at the University of Pennsylvania, and documents strewn all over his garage floor where he parks his Corvette, and which is ‘secured’ by only a garage door that is paper thin, and open much of the time.”
Trump declared himself an “INNOCENT MAN” and the subject of the “Greatest Witch Hunt of all time.” The Biden administration, he claimed, is ‘TOTALLY CORRUPT.”
The former president has argued that all the documents in question were declassified when he left the White House. “You’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified, even by thinking about it,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity in an interview last year.
Trump was on to Biden's deep corruption re Ukraine and wanted it investigated, so they impeached him.
Now that many of Biden's crimes are being exposed, naturally they're going to indict Trump again.
— Monica Crowley (@MonicaCrowley) June 8, 2023
You may like
Economy4 days ago
New York City Mayor Eric Adams Proposes Housing Asylum Seekers in Private Homes
Economy4 days ago
Texas Gov Abbott aims to eliminate property taxes: ‘we must dream big’
Immigration3 days ago
Biden Administration to allow 40,000 asylum-seekers per month into US with mobile app
International3 days ago
Saudi Arabia-Israel Deal Remains Biden’s Win to Lose