Connect with us

Politics

Gov. DeSantis discontinues COVID restrictions

Published

on

Screen Shot 2021 05 03 at 12.20.15 PM

After more than a year since the global pandemic began, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference just before signing an executive order to discontinue COVID restrictions across the state Monday. State legislators also set precedent for future emergency management in a bill DeSantis also signed at the conference.

Both the order and the bill go into effect July 1st. In the meantime, the governor suspended all emergency orders.

“The legislation creates a default legal presumption that during any emergency our business should be free from government mandates to close and our schools remain open for in-person instruction for our children,” DeSantis explained. Later on, he called these mandates “abuses.”

RELATED: WATCH: Jim Jordan, Dr. Fauci get into shouting match over COVID restrictions, civil liberties

DeSantis held the conference at The Big Catch, a waterfront restaurant in St. Petersburg. Previously, local ordinances fined this restaurant for not following COVID regulations. The governor remitted outstanding fines for individuals and businesses in March. So, the restaurant never had to pay up. DeSantis said he will continue to remit fines in the future.

This comes after widespread vaccinations across the state. About 9 million Floridians have been vaccinated according to the governor. DeSantis admitted that lately, the old emergency orders were “unjustifiable.”

RELATED: Cuomo’s ‘COVID Czar’ immediately resigned after losing exemption to ethics laws

“My message is: the vaccines protect you, get vaccinated, and then live your life as if you’re protected,” DeSantis said. “You don’t have to chafe under restrictions ad infinitum.”

You may like

Continue Reading

Politics

Uvalde, TX Mayor Calls Beto O’Rourke a ‘Sick Son of a B****’ After he Heckled Gov. Abbott’s Presser

Published

on

beto orourke e1614864626781

The vile act of politicizing horrific tragedies such as the Uvalde, Texas elementary school massacre, has been in full force. Democrat Beto O’Rourke “was escorted out of Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s press conference Wednesday after he showed up and heckled the governor in the middle of an update on the elementary school massacre in Uvalde” reports The Blaze.

Beto is a former congressman from El Paso, Texas as well as a Democratic presidential nominee briefly for the 2020  elections. During his time, he campaigned hard on his support for a mandatory gun buyback scheme.

The Blaze reported on Beto’s behavior at Abbott’s press conference:

As Abbott was finishing his remarks to reporters, O’Rourke, the Democratic candidate for governor, stood up and began speaking about the need for gun control legislation.

“Excuse me,” Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said as O’Rourke ignored him and went on about how “the time has come to put a stop” to gun violence. O’Rourke did not have a microphone, and most of his comments were inaudible.

“Sit down!” shouted Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) as the Democrat kept speaking.

“You’re out of line and an embarrassment!” Patrick told O’Rourke, while others began raising their voices.

“You are doing nothing!” O’Rourke yelled at Abbott as police officers began to march him out of the room.

“You need to get his a** out of here, this isn’t the place to talk this over,” said Uvalde Mayor Don Mclaughlin, calling O’Rourke a “sick son of a b****.”

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending

Proudly Made In America | © 2022 M3 Media Management, LLC