GOP Senators demand CIA Director Gina Haspel turn over docs on 2016 Russia probe
Two powerful GOP Senators sent a letter Wednesday to Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Gina Haspel asking her to respond in full to their “July 28 letter that requested intelligence records relating to the Crossfire Hurricane investigation” that targeted President Donald Trump on the false assumptions that his 2016 campaign conspired with Russia.
Some of the documents being requested by the Senators from the CIA deal directly with information related to former ex British spy Christopher Steele’s debunked dossier used to obtain the FISA warrant to spy on short term campaign volunteer Carter Page, as well as any and “all records related to assistance requests about the persons or conduct at issue in the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, whether before or after the opening of the investigation.”
Sen. Ron Johnson,, chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Sen. Chuck Grassley, chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, have not received a response from Haspel regarding a series of questions about the intelligence agencies knowledge of the FBI’s debunked investigation into President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign and Russia.
In 2016, Haspel was the station chief for the CIA in London. It was in London where most of the overseas connections to the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign occurred. However, this does not mean that Haspel was in any way involved in those investigations but she may of had knowledge that they were occurring, sources told me.
“The American people have a right to know the full extent of official action taken by federal officials during the 2016 campaign, the presidential transition, and into the Trump administration,” stated Johnson and Grassley. “The information that has already been made public reveals what might be the most outrageous abuse of power in U.S. history against a presidential candidate and sitting president. Unfortunately, many of the puzzle pieces remain hidden, and some of that information rests within your agency.”
This week, Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe declassified information that CIA Director John Brennan had knowledge and hand written notes that Russian intelligence had allegedly gathered information that Hillary Clinton was planning to ‘stir up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security service.’
RELATED: Brennan briefed Obama on HRC’s alleged plan to ‘stir up’ trouble for Trump, DNI reveals
Brennan’s highly classified notes were declassified Tuesday Ratcliffe, who first made the information public last week. Moreover, it was discovered that Brennan had briefed then President Obama in the summer of 2016 on the information that he had obtained on Clinton.
Johnson and Grassley also want the CIA to turn over any and “all records related to then-Director John Brennan’s January 2016 travel to Ukraine,” as stipulated in the letter.
Outstanding Requests Of Senators Grassley and Johnson for Haspel:
- All records from January 2016 through present related to Christopher Steele.
- All intelligence reporting provided or made available to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricaneinvestigation.
- All records related to assistance requests about the persons or conduct at issue in theFBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, whether before or after the opening of the investigation, to the following foreign governments:
- Israel; and
- the United Kingdom.
- All records related to the CIA’s contacts with Michael Sussman.
- All records related to the CIA’s contacts with Marc Elias.
- All records related to then-Director John Brennan’s and then-FBI Director JamesComey’s 2016 communications about the persons or conduct at issue in the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, whether before or after the opening of the investigation.
- All records related to then-Director John Brennan’s and then-Senator Harry Reid’s 2016 communications about the persons or conduct at issue in the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, whether before or after the opening of the investigation.
- All records related to 2016 briefings by then-Director John Brennan to the “Gang of 8” about the persons or conduct at issue in the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation, whether before or after the opening of the investigation.
- All records related to the following individuals:
- Stefan Halper;
- Joseph Mifsud;
- Carter Page; and
- George Papadopoulos.
- All records related to then-Director John Brennan’s January 2016 travel to Ukraine.
- HPSCI’s investigative referral to the CIA based on its review of Russian interference inthe 2016 election. This includes:
- access to the complete TS/SCI versions; and
- declassified versions.
- All records about information provided to or received from the CIA about persons affiliated with the Trump campaign.
You may like
Waves Of Military-Aged, Chinese Males Are Surging Our Border
You already know the Biden administration is responsible for record numbers of illegal border crossings after advertising they would not deport people for breaking the law to come here. And while Biden and his team claim they are doing everything possible to contain the situation, this is clearly an intentional act that is now responsible for seven million illegals gaining entry into our nation. In fact, the number of illegal crossings under President Biden in just over two years is already higher than the number under Presidents Obama and Trump combined over 12 years.
But the bad news gets even worse. House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Mark Green (R-Tennessee) says border officials report an alarming number of single, military-aged Chinese males coming to our border. Green breaks down the danger this poses to our national security and details the House GOP legislation to restore order to the border. Green also urges Americans across the country to contact their lawmakers in Washington and demand they secure our nation. He says members of Congress can ignore ten messages, but they will think a lot differently if they get 10,000.
Subscribe to The Sara Carter Show on Youtube to get notifications when new episodes air!
Follow Sara Carter and Alexander Carter on Twitter @SaraCarterDC and @AlexCarterDC
You may like
Nation4 days ago
China Continues to Reshape Middle East with Syria-Arab League Deal
Elections3 days ago
It’s Time for American Men to Man Up and Fight For Their Country
China2 days ago
Border Patrol encounters 393% increase of Chinese migrants, increasing CCP spy risk
Immigration3 days ago
Report: Biden could end DNA testing at border, a key deterrent to fraud and child trafficking