Connect with us

China

GOP Reps. Ask WHO’s Dr. Tedros To Testify, Accuse Him Of ‘Shielding China’

Published

on

WHO Director tedros adhanom ghebreyesus

Republican lawmakers on the House Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis along with Oversight Committee Ranking member James Comer, R-KY, requested Wednesday that World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus testify before the committee and answer to “revelations that WHO provided false information to Congress about China’s actions in the pandemic.”

The WHO previously reported learning of a cluster of pneumonia cases from China in late December in response to the Committee’s request for information in April. That story has since changed. Last week, the WHO quietly updated their timeline on the discovery of the novel coronavirus, saying they first learned of the virus from a U.S. website, first reported by The Washington Free Beacon.

“This revelation demands your complete and forthright response to the Committee’s previous request and sworn testimony before the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis (the Select Subcommittee). Until you appear under oath, America and the world will not know the origins of this crisis,” the lawmakers wrote.

“By refusing to disclose the truth, you have shielded China from accountability,” the Republicans added. “Your public statements regarding the initial outbreak coupled with the WHO website and your June 15 letter to this Committee demonstrate an endorsement of the CCP propaganda efforts to cover up the origins of this virus and mislead the world.”

President Donald Trump has been moving to withdraw the U.S. from the WHO, saying the organization and its leadership are “China-centric.” This week, he made it official in a notice to Congress and the United Nations.

Republicans on the House Oversight Committee first wrote to Dr. Tedros in April about his organization’s mishandling of the COVID-19 pandemic and raised concerns over its alleged “improper relationship with the Chinese Communist Party.”

Their calls for transparency from the WHO chief were ignored by Democrats on the Committee who refused requests in late April and in May to investigate the WHO.

The WHO responded to the April letter on June 15, and its response, the GOP members say, was “wholly incomplete and contained at least the one false statement.”

The WHO earlier praised China’s response to the pandemic and lauded the Chinese government’s efforts to contain the virus. The organization also spread misinformation that the virus couldn’t be spread from person-to-person, ignoring early warnings from Taiwan.

You may like

Continue Reading

China

Experts Say United States Vulnerable to ‘Electromagnetic’ Attack by Chinese

Published

on

China

When Joe Biden was trying to convince Americans to vote for him to become the next President back in 2019, he belittled the concept that China is a danger to the U.S. “Come on man, China’s not a threat” said Biden.

Experts, however, continue to show just how wrong Biden has always been. Fox News reports “experts are warning that the United States is vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack from adversaries such as China, and that time is running out to invest in defending the country from it.”

Last week during a virtual forum hosted by the Universal Peace Federation, Peter Vincent Pry, the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, said “that poses a real threat of possibly being able to win a war with a single blow by means of an EMP attack.”

“Moreover…they don’t envision employing an EMP by itself. It would be used in conjunction with cyberattacks and physical sabotage, and non-nuclear EMP” added Pry. Experts also warn that while an EMP attack would be “bloodless” at first, a yearlong blackout could kill roughly 90% of the American population.

Fox News reports:

The U.S. electric grid and other infrastructure – such as communications and transportation systems and water and sewer services – could all be devastated by such an attack, experts like Pry warn, noting that time is of the essence for the U.S. to defend itself.

China already possesses “super EMPs” and last summer tested a new hypersonic glide vehicle that analysts warn could deploy the EMP and cause a long-lasting blackout that would shut down key infrastructure and cripple the military’s ability to communicate.

A Pentagon report on Chinese military capabilities details how China has invested heavily in its EMP program, with a strategy that “emphasizes suppressing, degrading, disrupting or deceiving enemy electronic equipment throughout the continuum of a conflict while protecting its ability to use the cyber and electromagnetic spectrum.”

“The PLA is likely to use electronic warfare early in a conflict as a signaling mechanism to warn and deter adversary offensive action. Potential EW targets include adversary systems operating in radio, radar, microwave, infrared and optical frequency ranges, as well as adversary computer and information systems” adds the report.

You may like

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending Now

Advertisement

Trending